Michigan - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Michigan

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:27 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I like Michigan's chances this week, but I can never be too confident with the way this year has gone. If the Wolverines lose 4 or 5 games (or more, ugh!) I think they should fire Lloyd Carr. He is a great recruiter, but he gets less out of great players than anyone.

You really think Carr is that great of a recruiter or is it the Michigan name selling itself? With the top classes he seems to get I would think the plug would be pulled after more than 3 losses.

Michigan recruits on the name alone. Players are not coming here to play for Carr and his old school conservative play calling.
There needs to be sweeping changes at Michigan, even Bo has questioned Carr the past couple weeks. IF Bos conservative old a$$ is questioning Carr, things need to change. If Michigan keeps Carr, i can see the top 10-15 recruiting classes coming less and less each year. My Cousin played for Michigan and his son is being recruited by both MSU and Michigan, is actually thinking about not going to Michigan because of the play calling and Carrs inability to groom the younger guys and plug them in any given week.

Back to Michigan/MSU, if the Michigan D digs deeps and someone steps up, like a Prescott Burgess, Michigan has a good chance of beating the Spartys who may be coming into this game a little too confident in themselves.

Paging Mr. Woodly ;-)

Mike Hart from all the talks here is ready to go this weekend.
Michigan has not gotten the run game working for them this year more so because of the injuries to the Oline. They have to have some semblence of a run game going because States weakness is they can be had through the air, if Hart keeps them honest Henne can hurt them through the air.

Paging Steve Breaston, we need you to hold onto the ball!!!!!

The game to me hinges on the Michigan D, and how they hold up against Stanton.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:41 am

"Paging Mr. Woodley?" Ouch. That's a low blow. Or a cheap shot to my shoulder. :-)

I agree completely about Carr, MSB. I haven't felt he's been a great recruiter. A common thought on the East Lansing campus is that Lloyd is our ace in the hole.

Although, I don't know why he waited til OT last year to pick on our converted from RB 4 ft 8 inch CB. Not that Edwards needed any help looking good, but jeez.

Hopefully the overconfident bug hasn't gotten the Spartans. It could have. Lots of national press as they head into their big rivalry game of the year. (I said ours, not yours :-D ).. They aren't used to that. Fortunately, I think Stanton is out for revenge, and hopefully the 3 OT loss last year is keeping their egos and confidence in check.

And maybe they learned from ND this year (21 pt lead in the 3Q) and Michigan last year (up what 17 with 8 minutes to go) that the game is never over and to close the deal.

Then again, maybe I will be wearing a Michigan avatar next week.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:15 am

We're going to have to make the OSU-UM game a PBC this year ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:24 pm

It should be a great game, I think Henne has to show what he is made of this week. After being touted as the top pro prospect QB in college, he hasn't been at his best this year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:28 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Then again, maybe I will be wearing a Michigan avatar next week.

Oh and it will look so nice with that shiny new sig you have!!! ;-D
Maybe i could get Deluxe to give your Swiper a nice Michigan Jersey!!
:-b

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:35 pm

That's dirty ball dude...LOL :~(
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:36 am

Well, I wanted Michigan to lose, but Michigan State losing helps the Badger because now both Michigan and Michigan State have conference losses.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:42 am

PackerAttack84 wrote:Well, I wanted Michigan to lose, but Michigan State losing helps the Badger because now both Michigan and Michigan State have conference losses.

Well, MSU goes to Columbus in 2 weeks so I would count on another conference loss for us too. :~(
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:07 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:Well, I wanted Michigan to lose, but Michigan State losing helps the Badger because now both Michigan and Michigan State have conference losses.

Well, MSU goes to Columbus in 2 weeks so I would count on another conference loss for us too. :~(

Lookin good in maize and blue, Swipe :-D :-b
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:08 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

Lookin good in maize and blue, Swipe :-D :-b

Thats what im sayin ;-D ;-D

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to College Football