Clayton - bust? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Clayton - bust?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ravenmad22 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:56 pm

Jerry Rice as a receiver with below average speed and average size. He had great hands and route running ability. See any similarities here? Clayton actually has better size than Rice.

Anyone who writes off a receiver because he can't run a 4.3 40 is a retard. James Jett ran a 4.2 40, what happened to him? David Boston is huge and ran a 4.4 40, how's he doing?

Clayton has great size, route running ability and hands. I see him with 1100 yards and 7 TD.

He has been targeted in the red zone a lot as well. He's been tackled at the 5 yard line a few times. 2 or 3 broken tackles and we are not having this discussion.
ravenmad22
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:09 pm

RyanTB wrote:We've already gone over all three of those points in this thread. Point #1 that you listed is a mute point.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The funny thing is that you're trying really hard to sound like you know what you are talking about. "Mute point" ROFL!
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RyanTB » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:06 pm

Alright guys quit focusing on my misspelled words and pay attention to the meaning of the post. :-b
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:39 am

RyanTB wrote:Alright guys quit focusing on my misspelled words and pay attention to the meaning of the post. :-b

Yeah, give the guy a brake!!! :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby SniperShot » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:04 am

All I care about is Clayton to start getting the ball more. Mute point or not I want his production to stop being muted.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:40 pm

See Ryan when they no longer can attack your argument they have to find something to attack!!

Ryan 1.....Other guys that think Clayton sucks 0 ;-)
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:20 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:See Ryan when they no longer can attack your argument they have to find something to attack!!

Ryan 1.....Other guys that think Clayton sucks 0 ;-)

actually - since Clayton isnt in the top 50 fantasy WRs I guess Id say that the people who thought he was overrated = 1 everyone that drafted him so early = 0.

The argument against Clayton wasnt whether or not he was a good WR - it was whether or not he would be a good fantasy player as a 4th-5th rd draft pick. So far the answer is no.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:35 pm

Cornbread notice the wink!

yes as of now Clayton is not putting decent numbers up. He has potential but needs to have a chance to show it.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:49 am

I don't think Clayton sucks so much as Gruden loves to pound his new toy, Cadillac, into the ground. It also looks like we underestimated the involvement of Galloway in the offense. I wasn't really into drafting Clayton to begin with but he almost looks like the No. 2 guy.

He's pratically in the same situation that Boldin was in his sophomore year. No one else to throw to as a rookie so he put up big numbers. Add a healthy Galloway and a bit of a running game and he's not the same guy.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk