What is up with Peyton? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is up with Peyton?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby HowlingMadDirtDogs » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:21 am

Strange week for me in regards to Peyton.

In my draft I went gung-ho on runningbacks and WRs and ended up with crap for QB (Chad Pennington & JP Losman) and later Grabbed Eli Manning of the waivers. This week I made a trade with someone who drafted QB's in the first 3 rounds. I got Peyton Manning in exchange for Willy Parker & Fred Taylor, but the trade did not go through until this morning. So while I was only half awake, I screwed up and started Eli instead of Peyton.

A dumb mistake that I will not repeat, but thankfully Eli did not suck this week and actually put up some solid points for me. ;-D
HowlingMadDirtDogs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:06 am

Manning = buy low.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Chaucer » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:35 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Manning = buy low.

I hope you're right, Kensat, b/c I just bought him for Hasselbeck and TJones. Low enough?
Chaucer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Dude » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:41 pm

Chaucer wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Manning = buy low.

I hope you're right, Kensat, b/c I just bought him for Hasselbeck and TJones. Low enough?

Good move! ;-D

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:11 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:I think he's had it. He should hang it up.

i dont know what youre talking about, he isnt even thirty yet (is he?). people have just adapted a little to stop him, and their defense and running game have been enough.

he'll turn around
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:27 pm

here's what to expect
He's no longer a gurantee start, it'll have to go match up to match up.
Here's what he's got in front of him:
Bench him @ Tennessee Titans
Start him!!!! @ San Francisco 49ers
Start him vs ST. LOUIS RAMS
Start him!!!!! @ Houston Texans
BYE
Bench him @ New England Patriots
Start him!!! vs HOUSTON TEXANS
Start him @ Cincinnati Bengals unless Cincy's D is for real
Bench him vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Look for another 13 to something day vs TENNESSEE TITANS
Bench him @ Jacksonville Jaguars
probably not good numbers vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
Start himi!!!!!! @ Seattle Seahawks
START HIM!!!! vs ARIZONA CARDINALS

So of the 13 remaining games, I will be benching him 4 times (theoretically)
Thing about benching Peyton is when you do, you know he's gonna go off. and then you put him back in the next week and he sucks, though the colts do just enough to win. Good for Indy, bad for Fantasy. So no one is actually calling for his head except for Fantasy owners :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chaucer » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:31 pm

Ok, I know I'm now incurably biased because I just traded for the guy, but come ON. This is the best pocket-passer in the NFL, coming off perhaps the best offensive seasons a QB has ever had. He goes three weeks without lighting the world on fire, and now he gets benched against a good defense!?!

Like I said, I know I'm biased, but still, you bench Peyton at your peril.
Chaucer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:10 pm

Steve-o wrote:I keep reading about how all the defenses are gearing to stop Manning, dropping eight guys and the like, and think that Edge is in for a monster season. Plus, like fatfoot said, the Colts don't have to be up by 21 points to win the game anymore. No incentive for all those garbage time TDs that Manning had last year. We might see some Sorgi this year instead of Manning still trying to hit 50 TDs late in games.

On Friday night, I told a friend that Edge would be top 3 and that I would probably trade Priest, with his shoulder, knee and LJ issues, for him at this point.

Agreed. I think defenses are finally figuring out a way to stop the pass, or at least limit it effectively. I think Edge will turn out to be an integral part of the offense this year...glad he was still there when I drafted him at 1.09! My opponent this week had the first draft pick and went with Peyton...bet he's wishing he had gone with LT!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DolphinsAllTheWay » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:22 pm

Redskins Win wrote:here's what to expect
He's no longer a gurantee start, it'll have to go match up to match up.
Here's what he's got in front of him:
Bench him @ Tennessee Titans
Start him!!!! @ San Francisco 49ers
Start him vs ST. LOUIS RAMS
Start him!!!!! @ Houston Texans
BYE
Bench him @ New England Patriots
Start him!!! vs HOUSTON TEXANS
Start him @ Cincinnati Bengals unless Cincy's D is for real
Bench him vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Look for another 13 to something day vs TENNESSEE TITANS
Bench him @ Jacksonville Jaguars
probably not good numbers vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
Start himi!!!!!! @ Seattle Seahawks
START HIM!!!! vs ARIZONA CARDINALS

So of the 13 remaining games, I will be benching him 4 times (theoretically)
Thing about benching Peyton is when you do, you know he's gonna go off. and then you put him back in the next week and he sucks, though the colts do just enough to win. Good for Indy, bad for Fantasy. So no one is actually calling for his head except for Fantasy owners :-t

why would you bench him vs Tennessee??
Patrick Surtain the best DB in the NFL.....period!
DolphinsAllTheWay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:25 pm

footballchick23 wrote:
Steve-o wrote:I keep reading about how all the defenses are gearing to stop Manning, dropping eight guys and the like, and think that Edge is in for a monster season. Plus, like fatfoot said, the Colts don't have to be up by 21 points to win the game anymore. No incentive for all those garbage time TDs that Manning had last year. We might see some Sorgi this year instead of Manning still trying to hit 50 TDs late in games.

On Friday night, I told a friend that Edge would be top 3 and that I would probably trade Priest, with his shoulder, knee and LJ issues, for him at this point.

Agreed. I think defenses are finally figuring out a way to stop the pass, or at least limit it effectively. I think Edge will turn out to be an integral part of the offense this year...glad he was still there when I drafted him at 1.09! My opponent this week had the first draft pick and went with Peyton...bet he's wishing he had gone with LT!

You're both partially right. I was laughing inside everytime somebody drafted Peyton with the 1.1 or 1.2. Some people completely ignored logic and wasted their pick. Peyton is the best QB in the league but the guy only threw for 30+ TD's ONCE in his entire career before last year. He has a once in a lifetime season and breaks a record more then 20 years old. Then like usual the playoff's come and Indy's great season predictably ends with the usual playoff exit to a great defensive team. So Indy goes out and improves on the defense and talks all offseason about how they want more ball control. Everyone knows the only way to keep your defense playing at a high level is to control the ball (run) and keep your D off the field and fresh. NO D is going to be successfull with a guy throwing TD one after another every 2 minutes. Indy wants to win the SB not have the best fantasy QB. Only way to win the SB is to play solid defense and control the ball on offense. If Indy needs to get into a shootout they know they can easily match any teams offense. If they continue to play good defense and control the ball they will never need to worry about Manning throwing 5 TD's in a game. Anyone who drafted Manning in the first round completely ignored all the signs and deserves the fate they will get at the bottom of the leader board. Get ready for about 3600 and 26-30 TD's from Manning which is pretty much his average and will put him on par with my 7th round QB Carson Palmer!

;-D
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk