Lloyd for real? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lloyd for real?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lloyd for real?

Postby Cyclone » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:54 pm

Had a great game this week. I know is San Fran, but their running game is in shambles. Is he worth possibly picking up?
Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:02 pm

he's a #1 receiver on a team that, often times, finds itself playing from behind.

is he better than the quality #1's that everyone knows about (ward, d-jax, s. smith)? nope. is he better than the #2's that people play (wayne, bruce [pre-injury], stallworth, randle el)? i think so.

so is he for real? depends on your definition. he's not this week real. but he's not a one-week wonder, either.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tpetty6320 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:13 pm

i know they will be playing from behind a lot but i cant decide if i like lloyd or battle better. they got about the same amount of touches and i keep hearing that is the more talented......
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pete123444 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:26 pm

Matthias wrote:he's a #1 receiver on a team that, often times, finds itself playing from behind.

is he better than the quality #1's that everyone knows about (ward, d-jax, s. smith)? nope. is he better than the #2's that people play (wayne, bruce [pre-injury], stallworth, randle el)? i think so.

so is he for real? depends on your definition. he's not this week real. but he's not a one-week wonder, either.

I wouldn't go that far.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:22 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
Matthias wrote:he's a #1 receiver on a team that, often times, finds itself playing from behind.

I wouldn't go that far.

Wayne is Wayne only if Peyton is Peyton.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby CC » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:41 pm

The telling stat for today was despite his great production, he only had 4 catches, that makes me a little nervous about him.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:42 pm

Jesus is jesus only if god is god. Thank you. Sorry, couldn't resist, but I do know what you mean. Peyton hasn't performed up to snuff, so wayne is suffering. I'd say Lloyd is 1a on that team. But 4 catches is never something to get excited about. If it was 7 rec for that yards, I think it would be better.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:29 pm

skibrett15 wrote:Jesus is jesus only if god is god. Thank you. Sorry, couldn't resist, but I do know what you mean. Peyton hasn't performed up to snuff, so wayne is suffering. I'd say Lloyd is 1a on that team. But 4 catches is never something to get excited about. If it was 7 rec for that yards, I think it would be better.

Yeah but there's that Randy Moss factor. He often gets only a few catches, but he makes them count -- big plays for TDs. The thing is, he does this consistently.

So if Lloyd can show himself able to do this consistently, what's the problem?

And I do realize that Lloyd has a long way to go before he's talked about in the same breathe as Randy Moss by anyone other than me.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mudd » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:37 pm

In San Fran, Rattay performs well, and Lloyd will be worth starting. I'll have to see some good games on the road from Rattay before I'd be willing to start ANY 9ers on the road.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby saundman2000 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:11 pm

Lloyd is a real talent. I watched him play his whole college career at Illinois. I can remember all kinds of crazy catches he made. The boy has hands and can run his routes right. He's not the tallest receiver, but if you dismissed him as a red zone threat, you'd be wrong.

All I can tell you is he is the guy that Rattay can depend on the most.

He does play for the 9er's which is a liability, but if Rattay has a game where he passes for 220 yards (for example), Lloyd should get 80-100 of them.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner