Is M. Moore the long term RB answer in Viking land? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is M. Moore the long term RB answer in Viking land?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ozone » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:03 am

if Minny starts loosing again after this week...... look for Fason to get a few looks. Minny was high on this projected 1st rounder and got him in the 3rd. Though I think Moore is the best option as of right now, M. Williams in the 3rd down/ goal line guy so expect yards and not TDs from moore
Ozone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:18 am

I seriously doubt MIN's success at running the ball will be determined by which RB Tice decides to go with.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:54 am

Mewelde has about 2 more games before he tweaks an ankle and the rollercoaster ride starts all over again.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby SunnydaleSpike » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:42 pm

Mewelde will be the #1 at least next week. After that you can't tell, what with Moore's injury history, the still-talented Michael Bennett behind him, and Mike Tice's utter stupidity.
Neil Young haunts my nightmares.
SunnydaleSpike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Chaucer » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:51 pm

Minnesota is such a strange team. Maybe Mwelde helped open some things up for Pepps, but his mere presence alone couldn't have transformed Daunte from what he was last week (fetid, as it were).

Anyway, looking at Moore, weigh it this way: On one side you've got a good game yesterday and some nice games last season. On the other you've got an offense that has looked abysmal for most of the short season, injury concerns, capable players behind Mwelde, and a coach who can't be trusted. Also throw in the loss of a key offensive lineman, and the fact that Minnie beat a team playing on a short week with tons of baggage.

So, I'd keep Mwelde if I had him, but I wouldn't trade much for him if I didn't. And I certainly would count on him to be a week-in, week-out contributor for the rest of the year.
Chaucer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:40 pm

In order to be truly successful on offense, you have to be able to run the ball. Now that they have a "clear" (I use that term loosely when dealing with Tice) starter at RB, then hopefully everything else will fall into place. I'm not saying that the Vikings are going to the Superbowl like some sportswriters predicted, but they have a chance in that poor division that calls itself the NFC North.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:41 pm

Just give it time, Tice will screw this up too.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Interstorm » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:41 pm

for moore and for culpepper, i don't think yesterday gave us anything. new orleans is falling apart (and, for once, you can hardly fault them). next week brings the falcons. if they can repeat their play, i'm on the bandwagon (and, just as an FYI, i've had both of these guys since day 1 of our season).

i kinda question moe williams. i don't know if he is the guy i'd want in when i'm at the 20. maybe if i was at the 2, or 4th and 1 or something. i just don't think he provides everything that mwelde does. in moore, i see a brian westbrook type player who can do a lot for a team...even if that is just creating more space for others. in moe williams, i see a guy who won't be breaking the game open. call me crazy, but unless i need an extra blocker in a key passing situation (which williams is much better at), i want my playmaker on the field. he's done well for them over the last few years and has filled in wonderfully...but with moore you have a 'real' football player (as opposed to bennett) that is capable of much more than running between the 20's.
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby J.C.Fighter » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:49 pm

Interstorm wrote:for moore and for culpepper, i don't think yesterday gave us anything. new orleans is falling apart (and, for once, you can hardly fault them). next week brings the falcons. if they can repeat their play, i'm on the bandwagon (and, just as an FYI, i've had both of these guys since day 1 of our season).

i kinda question moe williams. i don't know if he is the guy i'd want in when i'm at the 20. maybe if i was at the 2, or 4th and 1 or something. i just don't think he provides everything that mwelde does. in moore, i see a brian westbrook type player who can do a lot for a team...even if that is just creating more space for others. in moe williams, i see a guy who won't be breaking the game open. call me crazy, but unless i need an extra blocker in a key passing situation (which williams is much better at), i want my playmaker on the field. he's done well for them over the last few years and has filled in wonderfully...but with moore you have a 'real' football player (as opposed to bennett) that is capable of much more than running between the 20's.

I believe Moore will repeat his play next sunday against the Falcons. McGahee just ran all over them yesterday so I have confidence in Moore doing the same...
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Interstorm » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:30 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:
Interstorm wrote:for moore and for culpepper, i don't think yesterday gave us anything. new orleans is falling apart (and, for once, you can hardly fault them). next week brings the falcons. if they can repeat their play, i'm on the bandwagon (and, just as an FYI, i've had both of these guys since day 1 of our season).

I believe Moore will repeat his play next sunday against the Falcons. McGahee just ran all over them yesterday so I have confidence in Moore doing the same...

...as a moore owner this year, i'd call myself hopefull. i had mcgahee last year, so i know how he is. i'd be uber-happy if moore was 1/2 the player willis is - but he isn't. i'll probably wait and see before i give my verdict on him. besides, without any TD's, he is much tougher to play over someone else even if he does approach 100 yards.
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk