Is M. Moore the long term RB answer in Viking land? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is M. Moore the long term RB answer in Viking land?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:38 pm

When will the Vikes finally just take their lumps and either sign a good back or spend a high draft pick on one? Robert Smith is the last solid feature back they have had.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Interstorm » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:58 am

i think moore has the ability...what they should do is feature him as much as they can. they should do this WITHOUT moe williams and should trade bennett for a loaf of bread (if they can). neither of those two players will be on the roster next year (both FA) - so they are left with moore and fason. give moore a legitimate shot at being 'The Guy'. if he fails or gets hurt, move on to fason. if he stinks...then they can use the RB rotation by doing rock/paper/scissors. at the very least, though, they HAVE to see what they got in moore and fason so they know what the priorities are for the offseason. maybe one of those guys can shoulder the load and is a diamond in the rough. maybe they both suck. answer the questions now...
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby unclepaulie » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:42 am

It looks to be Moore's Job for now...

According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Mewelde Moore is in position to be the Vikings' featured running back for the rest of the season.
''I definitely feel that I can carry 25, 30 times a game,'' Moore said. ''I'm a little sore, but I feel pretty good. I feel I'm in shape enough to handle it.'' Sep. 27 - 9:58 am et
<-------UF commit Tim Tebow!
unclepaulie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:15 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:When will the Vikes finally just take their lumps and either sign a good back or spend a high draft pick on one? Robert Smith is the last solid feature back they have had.

Ummm.... I think Ciatrick Fason has the potential to be a very good back....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby unclepaulie » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:07 am

I'm a UF Gator and yes Fason COULD be very good in that offense. He led the SEC in rushing last year over such talents as Ronnie Brown, Caddy Williams, and Gerald Riggs Jr. If Moore slips up a bit or gets injured C4 will produce IMO ;-D
<-------UF commit Tim Tebow!
unclepaulie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RubeRiot » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:55 am

M.Moore had a good game, but definitely wasn't the focus of the offense. Don't let the box score fool you, he was an afterthought and only got carries because the Vikes got up early. And the thing that really upset me (as a M.Moore owner) is that he was taken out in the redzone every time!
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:15 pm

RubeRiot wrote:M.Moore had a good game, but definitely wasn't the focus of the offense. Don't let the box score fool you, he was an afterthought and only got carries because the Vikes got up early. And the thing that really upset me (as a M.Moore owner) is that he was taken out in the redzone every time!

Moe Williams is the goal line back in Minnesota.... He ALWAYS comes in in the redzone.... Doesn't matter who the featured back is....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:38 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
RubeRiot wrote:M.Moore had a good game, but definitely wasn't the focus of the offense. Don't let the box score fool you, he was an afterthought and only got carries because the Vikes got up early. And the thing that really upset me (as a M.Moore owner) is that he was taken out in the redzone every time!

Moe Williams is the goal line back in Minnesota.... He ALWAYS comes in in the redzone.... Doesn't matter who the featured back is....

Hence the 0 TD's...unless he breaks for a long run into the endzone, it's going to be tough for the kid to get TD's.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk