Much Prop to David Akers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Much Prop to David Akers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guv » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:15 pm

Redskins Win wrote:Stupid bejeagles, stupid reid = gutsy Akers. You'd think the punter would be somewhat servicable as a kicker, I wish they would've lost.

Nows there a surprise...a Deadskin fan rooting against the Eagles. 8-o
Guv
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:51 pm

maddog60 wrote:I gotta agree, the Eagles definitely should've dressed an extra kicker.

Akers was hands down a hero, but I'm still disappointed that the Eagles hadn't prepared for this scenario.

Valiant effort that paid off with a win. Now the repercussions: he's got a torn hammy that will probably affect him the rest of the season. I guess Reid asked him if he was okay to play and Akers said he was, but that's what any player would say! It's a coach's and medical staff's responsibility to evaluate a player's injury...not the player. Case and point: Randy Moss last year.

Oh well, I don't have him on my fantasy team or anything and what he did was truly heroic....just don't know if it was worth it in the long run.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:23 pm

Yep, he deserves some credit, but sadly i would reccommend dropping him this week for the CIN or CAR kicker if either is available on the WW, Akers more than likely wont be starting this week and even if he does he wont be used much and wont be kickin extra points.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby warrick95 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:25 pm

saundman2000 wrote:I admire the courage, but I know what his team was asking of him and what he did was kind of stupid.

I know what a hamstring injury from personal experience. If you kick once and it pulls, it's not going to feel any better the next time you kick. As a matter of fact, you could injure yourself permanently.

Shame on the Eagles for putting Akers in a situation where he is their only competent kicker.

Exactly. Mad props to David Akers, though.[/b]
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:30 pm

Akers won't be playing this or next week either, from what I heard.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Re: Much Prop to David Akers

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:45 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:Much Prop to David Akers

He's gonna need a prop to help him stand if he keeps playing around with that hammy. I don't see what all the fuss is about, he was only doing his job. Isn't he like a blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do? Aren't those guys supposes to have superior flexibility and such to begin with? Also, he missed 2 kicks in the season opener that cost his team the game, no props there, huh?
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tiki » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:48 pm

Players play through injuries all the time, why the mad props to Akers for making a kick? :-?
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:53 pm

Tiki wrote:Players play through injuries all the time, why the mad props to Akers for making a kick? :-?

because he played with a torn hammy, which is serious for a kicker, especially if it's your plant leg!
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Re: Much Prop to David Akers

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:28 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:Much Prop to David Akers

He's gonna need a prop to help him stand if he keeps playing around with that hammy. I don't see what all the fuss is about, he was only doing his job. Isn't he like a blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do? Aren't those guys supposes to have superior flexibility and such to begin with? Also, he missed 2 kicks in the season opener that cost his team the game, no props there, huh?

guess you never kicked with a bad hammy. You should try that before saying anything ;-D .

for now, La Ferme :-t
[b]Akers is the man!!!!!![/b]
PlayingWithFire
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:44 pm

Definitely a big ;-D to Akers. Watching him go down after having to do the kickoff the for the second time at the beginning I though that he wouldn't be back for a while, but a big :-t to the Eagles for not having at least 1 other guy who could be even decent as a kicker.
baseball6791
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk