Rules Question... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rules Question...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rules Question...

Postby matmat » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:13 pm

I was watching the highlights of the Dallas game;
the touchdown by KJ near the end of the game, his feet were in the end zone, but i thought the ball never actually went into the endzone, but was kinda carried around the cone... which is it then? posession of ball in the end zone or feet in the end zone or what?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:26 pm

Feet don't matter. The ball must cross the plane of the endzone; in other words, the tip of the ball must go over the front of the white line of the endzone.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:09 am

VHawk15 wrote:Feet don't matter. The ball must cross the plane of the endzone; in other words, the tip of the ball must go over the front of the white line of the endzone.

Sorry Vhawk, but you are dead wrong on that one. The goalline extends infinitely out to either side of the field and the ball can "break the plane" outside of the sideline boundaries if the player keeps his body in-bounds (as Keyshawn did on the play in question)...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:19 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:Feet don't matter. The ball must cross the plane of the endzone; in other words, the tip of the ball must go over the front of the white line of the endzone.

Sorry Vhawk, but you are dead wrong on that one. The goalline extends infinitely out to either side of the field and the ball can "break the plane" outside of the sideline boundaries if the player keeps his body in-bounds (as Keyshawn did on the play in question)...

Yes, I realize that. How does that contradict my statement? I understand the rules, maybe I didn't quite articulate them.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:26 pm

The two bolded parts above are what made me disagree with you - to me it seems you are saying the ball needs to be inside the cone when in reality as long as the feet are inside (and nothing outside touches the ground of course) the ball can be outside the cone and not "go over the white line" since there is no white line outside the cone...

Make any more sense now? ;-7
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Posse » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:36 pm

Just watch the replay ESPN showed with Jimmy Smith. His feet moved the cone. TD.
Posse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk