Ronnie Brown: Sell High or keep him? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronnie Brown: Sell High or keep him?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ronnie Brown: Sell High or keep him?

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:24 pm

Ronnie Brown finally broke out today with over 150 total yards and a TD against a good defense. Next week is his bye week, and as far as I understand it, Ricky Williams' suspension is to last four games, not 4 weeks. So thus, Ricky will be eligible to play by Week 6.

Do you think Ronnie will begin to pick it up, keep his job, and become a viable RB option? Or was today a mirage, and will Ricky Williams eventually take over for the struggling Ronnie? Is there an inevitable RBBC?

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ek » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:04 am

I wouldn't be too concerned about Ricky, Ronnie's done well enough that he'll hold onto the starting job, and the Dolphins look like they'll hang around in the race for awhile, which will make it less likely for them to experiment with Williams. I don't think he will develop into a stud this year, but he's a viable option and you should hang on to him unless someone gives you very good value (either multiple starters or a good established RB).
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:07 am

Just a disclaimer, this isn't some type of Trade question for my team, just a general discussion.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby FF Newbie » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:10 am

Carolina doesn't have a very good defense, especially against the run. Brown was very mediocre except for one big run today. The rook had a nice game, but he's no Ricky Williams and I still expect Ricky to be the starter from week 6 on.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:26 am

I have him on a couple teams but I don't think his selling price will be very high after one good game, especially with a lot of people waiting to see what the pothead will do upon his return.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:26 am

I sure hope he can hold onto the job. Today was a nice start, he has proven to be a tough runner as there aren't many easy yards behind that O-line.

And that is my concern with Ricky. I don't trust him to be either durable enough, or effective enough to get those tough yards.

At least Brown has one more game to prove his worth. Agianst those cream puffs from Buffalo. :-b Some guys can't catch a break. Good luck Ronnie.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Ek » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:30 am

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't watch much of the game, so you may want to go with Newbie's advice, although I'm not sure I agree about Carolina's defense.
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby V-unit » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:46 am

that is a very tuff question to answer because we dont know how miami plans on using both RB.I personally would try to trade him and see what kind of RB i may get.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mikey » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:26 am

I think a lot of folks are working off the assumption that it will be one or the other. Saban seems high (no pun intended) on Williams, calling him a team guy, blah, blah, blah. Maybe that's just a media ploy or to coax another team into a trade, but if any of it's true, I see a RBBC. I think the team winning actually works in Williams' favor. It seems to me that Saban won't keep a former All Pro on the bench if he thinks he can win NOW (as opposed to developing the young guy). This seems to be what's developed with the Frerotte/A.J. Feeley QB battle (if you can call it that).

Unfortunately, Saban doesn't have a Shananhan or Tice track record to help us figure out what he's going to do (namely, screw things up).

I'd try to sell if you can, but only if you can get value (maybe a 2nd teir starting RB?). Otherwise, hold on to him and see what shakes out.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Lung » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:40 am

The Miami Dolphins will play their next game at Buffalo on Oct. 9th. The Bills gave up 193 yards on the ground to Cadillac/Pittman/Alstott in week two, and 236 yards to Dunn/Duckett/Vick yesterday. I like Ronnie Brown's chances in week five!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Next

Return to Football Talk