Bengals...best offense in the nfl? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bengals...best offense in the nfl?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bengals...best offense in the nfl?

Postby devius » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:38 am

boy are the bungles on a roll. didnt think they could get that kind of offense playing a stingy Bears D *which i concider to be a top5 defense this year. and with that defense creating so many more opportunies for them to score they gotta be one of the front runners in the play offs. cant believe i actually thought to sit palmer for plummer because of match ups :-o anybody else think they just might have one of the most potent offenses in the nfl right now?
QB Carson Palmer*, Jake Plummer
RB Deuce McAllister*, Corey Dillion*, Warrick Dunn, Willie Parker*, Michael Bennett
WR Torry Holt*, Michael Clayton*, Chris Chambers, Eddie Kennison, Charles Rogers*,
TE Tony Gonzalez*
K Ryan Longwell*
DEF MatchUps
devius
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:58 am

Let's not get too carried away just yet, they might have done well against a superb Defense but there is no defense in the world that can hold a team down forever with their own QB throwing up 5 INTs. From what I remember the Bears D held them for quite a while before the continued pressure of the INTs killed them...

Are they a strong team? For sure. Are they the top offense in the league? Remains to be seen IMO.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:22 am

I think they are. After what they did to chicago I think they have proven they can do it against anyone.[/code]
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:26 am

5 INTs, and a fumble recovery, yet the Bengals didn't put the game away until very late. Not to take anything away from the Bengals, I'm truly impressed with them this year, but any offense should've had an absolute blow out with 6 turnovers from their defense. If anything, the fact that Cincy was held so low so long is a credit to just how dominating that Bears defense is becoming.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:27 am

Not the best....but definitely in the top 5. Cincy D having the top turnover ratio helps out alot.
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:46 am

Definitely a strong contender this year and now proven against a tough defense. What worries me is the lack of the running game...84 yds on 25 carries isn't horrible, especially against the CHI defense, but Rudi should be killing it! I like that Palmer comes out throwing, but if they're going to be solid, I'd like to see more of a running game. I guess it doesn't really matter though if you're winning games and 3-0 to start the season! Looks like Cincy is for real!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:52 am

I think, by season's end, the best offenses will look like this:

1. Chiefs
2. Bengals
3. Chargers
4. Rams
5. Colts
6. Eagles
7. Raiders
etc.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:31 am

No. Their run game looked like crap yesterday. The best Offense shouldn't have a hard time moving the ball in the air or on the ground.

I think that it will be the Colts again this year. I think the Chargers have a lot of potential for that crown too. Bengals are at best, the second in that Conference. IMO, of course.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:35 am

footballchick23 wrote:What worries me is the lack of the running game...84 yds on 25 carries isn't horrible, especially against the CHI defense, but Rudi should be killing it!

I'm not one to play the "well, take away that 1 run, and they only had..." but there was a 20 yard run after the 4th quarter 2 minute warning, which was after the Bears had no chance of winning. I mean, the Bengals didn't even need that run. I don't think they were facing a defense that gave a damn there. 65 yards of real game time rushing, that's totally suspect for a #1 offense.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Re: Bengals...best offense in the nfl?

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:41 pm

devius wrote:Anybody else think they just might have one of the most potent offenses in the nfl right now?

No, they have THE most potent offense in the NFL right now.... Hands down....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk