Fitzgerald - Warner = Negative Street Value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fitzgerald - Warner = Negative Street Value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:18 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Do you think it is a coincidence that Warner gets sacked wherever he goes? No. He holds the ball for too long, that's why he gets hit so much.

You neglected to mention that for his 232 yds, 0.3 TDs, and 0.67 INTs a game he has made an average of 30.3 passes per game. If anyone throws the ball enough they can put up half way decent numbers. A 78.7 QB rating says it all.

Stick a fork in him. He's done.

Yeah, and Bulger has been the unsackable QB of the league so far this year too eh? Ooops, he's been sacked a dozen times already? Shoots a hole in that theory I guess... Oh and McCown came in and was untouched on Sunday right? Nope - he must be holding on to the ball forever too... Or MAYBE it's the crappy O-line in Arizona?! Nahhh, can't be that Image

Show me what his QB rating would be if you had the dozen or more drops (including a MINIMUM of 3 TDs that hit receivers dead in the hands) as receptions instead, then talk to me about QB rating. What's that? He has so many drops because he actually goes through his progressions and throws to the 3rd and 4th receivers when they're open? Crazy-talk, he must be a bum! Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:31 pm

Every QB in the league has to deal with drops and Warner has one of the best groups in the league at WR, so there is little to complain about there.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Every QB in the league has to deal with drops and Warner has one of the best groups in the league at WR, so there is little to complain about there.

Nice dodging the main point of the issue CC.

Not every QB in the league has hit his recievers dead in the hands in the endzone 3 times already this year while getting to the 3rd or 4th progression behind a line as porous as the Cards'...

Tell me, is Brett Favre officially a bum yet in your eyes? Seems he's thrown 6 more INTs than Warner which have cost the Packers the game in two games in a row...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:59 am

Warner has fallen off the table. It was obvious last yr and again this yr. Maybe saying he is a bum is a bit harsh - but is he an avg NFL QB? no. Id probably rate him in the bottom tier for NFL starters - thats for sure. He's simply had a few too many concussions and is a shell of his former self. Dont quote me numbers, just watch him play - he isnt nearly as accurate, and he isnt nearly as quick - things that made him the elite QB for 3 years.

Is Farve a bum? again - I guess its how you define the word - literally, of course not. Has he fallen off the table? Absolutely. He isnt nearly as accurate or quick as he was a few years ago and his long passes are almost embarassing to watch at this point. Every once in a while Im positive I see hunters in their blinds along the sidelines waiting for the next wounded duck to float by when Farve heaves a pass longer than 30 yards.

If the question is literally are these guys bums - then literally you are right - no they arent.

If the question is have they fallen off the table and are now a shell of their former selves, then the answer is just as obvious - of course.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheBlueWhale » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:12 am

Don't be surprised if Josh McCown turns the Cardinals around. He played very well at the end of last season. The only thing is can he play well without the Cardinals' starting center who I believe is still out with an injury.
TheBlueWhale Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Smee » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:33 am

TheBlueWhale wrote:Don't be surprised if Josh McCown turns the Cardinals around. He played very well at the end of last season. The only thing is can he play well without the Cardinals' starting center who I believe is still out with an injury.

He didn't exactly tear it up last sunday. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he is throwing to Boldin and Fitz, that has to make him a little better.
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby houstonoilers » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:59 am

McCown isnt scared of throwing any interceptions and loves to throw downfield. I think with Zona playing from behind all year that Fitz and Boldin will be fine.
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:14 pm

To put Farve in the same cat as Warner is a joke. I don't even want hear any explanation for it. If you think Farve is a bad as Warner, then you need glasses.

Farve has thrown ints his whole career, this year is no different. He lost 2 major O-Linman, his #1 WR and his top TE is hurt. Is he having a bad start to the year, hell ya...but let's not forget he went 1-4 to start last year, still threw 4000+ yards and 30 TD.

When the hell was the last time Warner did that? If your going to call Warner a bum, thats one thing...but if yor going to call Farve a bum...you need glasses cause your blind as a bat.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:48 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:To put Farve in the same cat as Warner is a joke. I don't even want hear any explanation for it. If you think Farve is a bad as Warner, then you need glasses.

Farve has thrown ints his whole career, this year is no different. He lost 2 major O-Linman, his #1 WR and his top TE is hurt. Is he having a bad start to the year, hell ya...but let's not forget he went 1-4 to start last year, still threw 4000+ yards and 30 TD.

When the hell was the last time Warner did that? If your going to call Warner a bum, thats one thing...but if yor going to call Farve a bum...you need glasses cause your blind as a bat.

Has Farve declined in talent? Can you honestly say that he looks as good as he did 5 years ago? I have grown up watching Farve. He's one of my all time favorite football players. But Im not gonna sit there and pretend he hasent declined drastically in ability the last few years. This isnt going by stats - is going by watching him play. He has that same fire and drive to win, but he's obviously much slower and he has a much harder time with long passes than he did when he was in his prime.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:17 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Dazedncnfz wrote:To put Farve in the same cat as Warner is a joke. I don't even want hear any explanation for it. If you think Farve is a bad as Warner, then you need glasses.

Has Farve declined in talent? Can you honestly say that he looks as good as he did 5 years ago? I have grown up watching Farve. He's one of my all time favorite football players. But Im not gonna sit there and pretend he hasent declined drastically in ability the last few years. This isnt going by stats - is going by watching him play. He has that same fire and drive to win, but he's obviously much slower and he has a much harder time with long passes than he did when he was in his prime.

I never said hasn't declined or that he is the same QB he was 5 years back...what I am saying he is in no way as bad as Warner has become and to compare the 2 is a joke.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk