Fitzgerald - Warner = Negative Street Value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Fitzgerald - Warner = Negative Street Value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:22 pm

QBs worse than Warner so far this year:

Losman
Frerotte
Pennington/Fiedler
Boller/Wright
Carr
Plummer
Brees
Ramsey/Brunell
Grossman/Orton
Harrington
Brooks
Rattay

QBs about Par with Warner:

Favre
McNair
Green
Griese
Hasselbeck

Wow - sure is a big Bottom Tier you got CB... This list is not even including the guys who have stats that are horrendous but are semi-obvious flukes like Daunte...

Is Warner the MVP QB he was a couple years back? Nope. Is he still a better option (if healthy) than half the teams out there are fielding - yup.

And Dazed - if you honestly think Favre is that much better than Warner at this point in both their careers all I can say is you have not watched enough of either of them this year...
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:53 am

lmcjaho wrote:QBs worse than Warner so far this year:

Losman
Frerotte
Pennington/Fiedler
Boller/Wright
Carr
Plummer
Brees
Ramsey/Brunell
Grossman/Orton
Harrington
Brooks
Rattay

QBs about Par with Warner:

Favre
McNair
Green
Griese
Hasselbeck

Wow - sure is a big Bottom Tier you got CB... This list is not even including the guys who have stats that are horrendous but are semi-obvious flukes like Daunte...

Is Warner the MVP QB he was a couple years back? Nope. Is he still a better option (if healthy) than half the teams out there are fielding - yup.

And Dazed - if you honestly think Favre is that much better than Warner at this point in both their careers all I can say is you have not watched enough of either of them this year...


Give me a break.
How did you come up with that list? QB Rating? Completion%? Yds? Its not about stats. Its about watching Warner play. He's obviously a liability at this point in his career. The book has been written on him: he breaks under pressure. Then you also have to look at the other aspects of age: Yes, he has been better than guys like Orton or Losman, but are you truly saying if given the choice you would rather have as your franchise QB Warner over the younger guys?

Bottom line - I will take almost every single one of those QBs you listed ahead of Warner if I was putting together an NFL team. He is not as good as half the starting NFL QBs in this league as you claim - thats ridiculous.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:24 pm

lmcjaho wrote: And Dazed - if you honestly think Favre is that much better than Warner at this point in both their careers all I can say is you have not watched enough of either of them this year...


LMAO...listen son you definitely need to do your homework before your going to go war with me or Cornbread...I could poll 10,000 people and all of them would agree that Farve is leaps and bounds ahead of Warner...yes even at this stage of their career...
Image

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5783
Joined: 6 Nov 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Bada Bing

Postby CC » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:35 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
lmcjaho wrote: And Dazed - if you honestly think Favre is that much better than Warner at this point in both their careers all I can say is you have not watched enough of either of them this year...


LMAO...listen son you definitely need to do your homework before your going to go war with me or Cornbread...I could poll 10,000 people and all of them would agree that Farve is leaps and bounds ahead of Warner...yes even at this stage of their career...


Wow, that is possibly the stupidest comment I have ever seen on this sight. I think my head may explode.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:38 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Dazedncnfz wrote:
lmcjaho wrote: And Dazed - if you honestly think Favre is that much better than Warner at this point in both their careers all I can say is you have not watched enough of either of them this year...


LMAO...listen son you definitely need to do your homework before your going to go war with me or Cornbread...I could poll 10,000 people and all of them would agree that Farve is leaps and bounds ahead of Warner...yes even at this stage of their career...


Wow, that is possibly the stupidest comment I have ever seen on this sight. I think my head may explode.


for your sake you better not be refering to me.
Image

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5783
Joined: 6 Nov 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Bada Bing

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:13 am

Dazedncnfz wrote:LMAO...listen son you definitely need to do your homework before your going to go war with me or Cornbread...I could poll 10,000 people and all of them would agree that Farve is leaps and bounds ahead of Warner...yes even at this stage of their career...


Just because 10,000 people say it doesn't make it true...

If McCown goes off in the next few weeks and lights things up with Arizona I will have to eat my words I guess, but at this stage of the game there's not much else we can use to prove this so I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Cornbread wrote:Give me a break.
How did you come up with that list? QB Rating? Completion%? Yds? Its not about stats. Its about watching Warner play. He's obviously a liability at this point in his career. The book has been written on him: he breaks under pressure. Then you also have to look at the other aspects of age: Yes, he has been better than guys like Orton or Losman, but are you truly saying if given the choice you would rather have as your franchise QB Warner over the younger guys?

Bottom line - I will take almost every single one of those QBs you listed ahead of Warner if I was putting together an NFL team. He is not as good as half the starting NFL QBs in this league as you claim - thats ridiculous.


The point was not who was a better franchise QB, but who was better now (otherwise you would need to include the years he was at the peak of his career in the discussion which would obviously render this discussion moot as only Favre would be better by any stretch of the imagination) - and yes, before the groin injury Warner was better than all the guys on the list... Your comment of breaks under pressure is laughable as if you had watched any of the Arizona games you would know that he was CONSTANTLY under pressure and yet he still put together decent stats and came within a dropped TD pass (two drops in fact) of starting the Cards off at 1-1... Again though, arguing this is pointless because you obviously have a biased opinion (as do I) that will not be changed so before this becomes a back and forth circular argument that goes nowhere we should just drop it...
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:35 am

Well looks like we'll have to postpone this discussion for a week. Mike Rumph and Ahmad Plummer are not playing this week for SF, and Jamie Winborn is about to be traded. There goes our passable defense... Anquan Boldin and Fitzgerald are gonna blow up this week even with John Navarre at QB.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrjandro » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:49 am

Would you trade S Davis for Larry Fitz??

I already have
Portis
Magahee
Caddy
Kevin Jones
mrjandro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 288
Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Sacramento

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:58 am

Kensat30 wrote:Well looks like we'll have to postpone this discussion for a week. Mike Rumph and Ahmad Plummer are not playing this week for SF, and Jamie Winborn is about to be traded. There goes our passable defense... Anquan Boldin and Fitzgerald are gonna blow up this week even with John Navarre at QB.


Whoa - thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The Winborn news wouldnt be that big of a deal, but along with the other two injuries you mentioned, it appears as if Julian Peterson may also miss the game south of the border.

Thats pretty significant news. Apparantly its same old same old for SF this yr as they suffer through wholseale injuries to their defense once again. Losing both Rumph and Plummer from that secondary was a massive loss, and if JPeterson continues to be bothered by injury, thats arguably this teams best defensive players all injured. Tough breaks.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby grover99 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:36 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Well looks like we'll have to postpone this discussion for a week. Mike Rumph and Ahmad Plummer are not playing this week for SF, and Jamie Winborn is about to be traded. There goes our passable defense... Anquan Boldin and Fitzgerald are gonna blow up this week even with John Navarre at QB.


Whoa - thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The Winborn news wouldnt be that big of a deal, but along with the other two injuries you mentioned, it appears as if Julian Peterson may also miss the game south of the border.

Thats pretty significant news. Apparantly its same old same old for SF this yr as they suffer through wholseale injuries to their defense once again. Losing both Rumph and Plummer from that secondary was a massive loss, and if JPeterson continues to be bothered by injury, thats arguably this teams best defensive players all injured. Tough breaks.


I'm a Niners fan. Who are they getting for Winborn and is Peterson out for sure?
12 Team 1/2 PPR Dynasty Auction League.
QB: Cutler, Hill
RB: Turner,Slaton,Benson,Mendenhall,Harrison,Robinson, Greene
WR: CJ2, Fitz, Smith(NYG), Brunce, Morgan,Bryant
TE: Carlson
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1821
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 31 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: missouri

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 22:46 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact