Fitzgerald - Warner = Negative Street Value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fitzgerald - Warner = Negative Street Value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:08 pm

grover99 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Well looks like we'll have to postpone this discussion for a week. Mike Rumph and Ahmad Plummer are not playing this week for SF, and Jamie Winborn is about to be traded. There goes our passable defense... Anquan Boldin and Fitzgerald are gonna blow up this week even with John Navarre at QB.

Whoa - thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The Winborn news wouldnt be that big of a deal, but along with the other two injuries you mentioned, it appears as if Julian Peterson may also miss the game south of the border.

Thats pretty significant news. Apparantly its same old same old for SF this yr as they suffer through wholseale injuries to their defense once again. Losing both Rumph and Plummer from that secondary was a massive loss, and if JPeterson continues to be bothered by injury, thats arguably this teams best defensive players all injured. Tough breaks.

I'm a Niners fan. Who are they getting for Winborn and is Peterson out for sure?

I don't know why the hell we would trade Winborn. I guess there are rumors that he is freelancing and not following the scheme, and doesn't fit the mold of the new Niner's. This guy is the 2nd best ahtlete on the entire team, and I would say that Winborn is our 3rd best natural LBer behind Peterson and Ulbrich (Andre Carter took Winborn's position in the 3-4). But Winborn could start on half the teams in the NFL.

I would think he commands a first day draft pick minimum... but then you gotta factor in that he is injured every year, maybe that pushes his value way down. It's not every year that you can get a quality LB like Winborn 3 weeks into the season though, I'm sure a team like Minnesota would LOVE to have this guy. If I had to guess I would say a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

----

P.S- Julian Peterson is questionable this week, not much other information at this time.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:11 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Dazedncnfz wrote:
lmcjaho wrote: And Dazed - if you honestly think Favre is that much better than Warner at this point in both their careers all I can say is you have not watched enough of either of them this year...

LMAO...listen son you definitely need to do your homework before your going to go war with me or Cornbread...I could poll 10,000 people and all of them would agree that Farve is leaps and bounds ahead of Warner...yes even at this stage of their career...

Wow, that is possibly the stupidest comment I have ever seen on this sight. I think my head may explode.

for your sake you better not be refering to me.

LOL, Dazey you know I'm not. :-b
What kind of a Packer fan would I be if I thought Warner was better than Favre?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:23 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
Dazedncnfz wrote:
lmcjaho wrote: And Dazed - if you honestly think Favre is that much better than Warner at this point in both their careers all I can say is you have not watched enough of either of them this year...

LMAO...listen son you definitely need to do your homework before your going to go war with me or Cornbread...I could poll 10,000 people and all of them would agree that Farve is leaps and bounds ahead of Warner...yes even at this stage of their career...

Wow, that is possibly the stupidest comment I have ever seen on this sight. I think my head may explode.

for your sake you better not be refering to me.

LOL, Dazey you know I'm not. :-b
What kind of a Packer fan would I be if I thought Warner was better than Favre?

LOL...cool ;-D

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk