Yahoo stat tracker problems? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo stat tracker problems?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby holden » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:26 pm

I've emailed them about the problem. I like stat tracker, but expect it to work.
holden

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jeru » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:20 am

OK, if you are using Internet Explorer, here is how you get StatTracker to work. (in Internet Explorer 6):

In IE, go to Tools-Internet Options-Advanced tab. Scroll down to around the middle of the advanced list, and you should see two subsections, one for Java (Sun), and one for Microsoft VM. Under Java (Sun), uncheck the "use java 2v....." checkbox, and in the Microsoft VM section, check the Java console enabled checkbox. Reboot, and StatTracker should then work.

If the Microsoft VM section is not there, you only have Sun Java installed, and not Microsoft Java. Unfortunately, MS doesn't provide their Java VM for download anymore because of a lawsuit mess, but I found an external link where you can download it. Just use any of the download links in the top section of this page, and you can install MS Java, and StatTracker should then work. (the first link doesn't work, but the second one does.)

http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mudd » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:58 pm

that didn't work either. I can see the page, but it's real dull, or fuzzy. Can't click on anything, i get the "Error on Page" everytime.

I think this is a yahoo problem. Not suprised though, they always have issues with their stat tracker early in the year.

why must they change everything every year?!?!?! It's not like it works better, just looks different, and even then all they really did was move things around so they are harder to find!!!!!

end rant.

i hope it works soon.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dakota » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:03 am

I am also having trouble with the stat tracker. It starts up as and then starts to download, saying; "Downloading Data....Please wait". It then just times out and at the bottom left corner the screen reads "done". The only JAVA that I can find in the advanced tab is for Microsoft VM (Running XP SP1). Any ideas how to fix this?
Dakota
Water Boy
Water Boy

try using Sun Java

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:20 am

I would try downloading Java from Sun.com and see if that version of it works. Microsoft doesn't support their version of Java any more since they lost a court case with Sun so you might want to get the Sun version anyway.

Friendliness: %

Postby jeru » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:05 am

THe Sun version definitely does not work with StatTracker, at least unless the fixed it since Thurs. night. I have always found the Microsoft version of Java more stable and less problematic, whether they support it or not.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bolts801 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:17 am

I had to go do this to get mine to work because somewhere down the line i had installed this "sun java" thing.

in iexplorer window go to "tools" then down to "internet options" then i clicked on the "advanced" tab.

Then I scrolled down to the java area, and UNCHECKED this sun java crap. and then CHECKED the "java console enabled" box under Microsoft VM.

Hope this helps.. at least someone... it got my football stat tracker to work.

p.s. my scenario was the same. My baseball tracker worked just fine, but not the NEW football one.
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bolts801 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:21 am

oops.. someone already suggested what i did.. maybe i should read all the post before posting lol

:)

sorry
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk