Return to Football Talk

Sam Madison is a joke.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sam Madison is a joke.

Postby benm3218 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:59 am

http://www.buzzfans.com/sports/football/panthers/story/5207952p-4733026c.html

By Darin Gantt The Herald
(Published September 26‚ 2005)

MIAMI -- Carolina Panthers Steve Smith's great day wasn't enough to put him in a good mood.
The fiery receiver was hot over the rough treatment he got from Miami cornerback Sam Madison in the Panthers 27-24 loss to the Dolphins. Madison didn't do enough to keep Smith from tying Panthers records with 170 receiving yards and three touchdowns, but he did draw a pair of personal foul penalties for hits on Smith, once slamming him down hard out of bounds.

"He was trying to get me out of my game," Smith said. "And he was doing stuff, that as a football player, you're not supposed to do. ... I just went out and played my football, and made plays, and he was doing stuff, that doesn't belong in football. He kicked me, he was doing stuff that he's a joke.

"I mean, let's just go to the bottom line. I'm not going to try to make myself out to be better than what I am. All I know is he's a joke."

Smith rambled a bit more, but then angrily refused to answer any more questions after firing a final salvo at Madison.

"That's it," Smith said. "I don't have nothing to say. I'm done. Bottom line, he's a punk. I won my war and that's it. I don't have nothing else to say."

Is this new, or has Madison done this stuff before?
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:33 am

I've heard rumblings like this about Madison before, but I can't recall any specific incidents off the top of my head.

I believe every word Smith said.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ateam » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:04 am

Madison is an assclown.

After all that, you still get burned THAT badly.

Excellent work for my main man SSmith!
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:11 pm

I'm sorry, but when you're complaining about someone being too rough in football, it's clear who the joke is.

This is football man, not ice skating, suck it up cupcake. I lost a lot more respect for Smith in this then I did for Madison.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:16 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I'm sorry, but when you're complaining about someone being too rough in football, it's clear who the joke is.

This is football man, not ice skating, suck it up cupcake. I lost a lot more respect for Smith in this then I did for Madison.

You are totally right that football is a rough and very physical sport.
What's not right is cheap shots to purposely try and hurt somebody. I mean, there is no reason to kick or try and slam somebody's head once your out of bounds.

Big :-t for Madison
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benm3218 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:31 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I'm sorry, but when you're complaining about someone being too rough in football, it's clear who the joke is.

There is no logic whatsoever in your statement. When a player is purposefully taking cheap shots, that is not just rough and tough football, it's lousy and unsportsmanlike. Smith is a very tough reciever, probably one of the toughest. If he complained it was because Madison was not just playing football, he was trying to hurt with cheap shots. Give me a break.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:41 pm

I'm sorry, I seemed to miss the part where Madison grabbed Smith by the back of his hair and repeatedly slammed his face into the ground. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere that he was trying to seriously injure the guy.

C'mon. He kicked me? He tackles me out of bounds? Jeez it's a good thing Smith made it out of there alive, I mean he only gets tackled 10 times a game anyway.

You're right though, everyone in football is usually really nice and strictly obeys the rules. That's why when someone recovers a fumble, everyone sits around him indian-style and reads him stories.

It's not like Madison was smashing him into the ground at the end of every play and not getting flagged for it. He had personal foul penalties called against him. I dunno what kind of football the rest of you played or watched, but whenever I got hit late and a flag was thrown I was pretty happy about getting a free 15 yards and an automatic first down, just like in baseball I was more than willing to take a pitch in the back for a free base. Every football player I've ever seen has been the same way. What do players do when they get hit late and a flag gets thrown on the guy, they get up and celebrate. Clap in his face and taunt him as you march off your free 15 yards.

Ok, you got hit late. Get up, get fired up, torch him for it on the field, get your team fired up, and take your free 15 yards on top of all that. That's all fine and dandy. But crying to the media about it? Get over it She Smith.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby benm3218 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:01 pm

"Agree to disagree." - Ron Burgundy
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:12 pm

LOL, this is football. I didn't see anything in the highlight reels showing this stuff, until I do I'll believe it's just Smith whining over a loss, good stats or not.

Was there any flags thrown?

Where's the other side to this story?
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:26 pm

Im with Free Bagel. Is there a defensive back in the league that doesnt try to "knock me off my game" as Steve Smith puts it. What a pansy.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk