Brian Westbrook - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brian Westbrook

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:17 pm

The Guru wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
The Guru wrote:Also Phil #2 WR is a joke this year so they have to rely on there limited playmakers more; Owens and Westy. Phil offense isn't as dominate as it was last year but thats a good thing for Westy.

Yeah, I mean they're old WR was so much better. Pinkston had last year:

36 rec, 676 yards, and 1 TD

Greg Lewis has:

15 rec, 153 yards, and 1 TD in 3 games. Project those out for the whole season he's on pace for:

80 rec, 816 yards, 5 TDs.

I guess that's pathetic for #2 WRs. Like TJ Housh who has less receptions and yards than Greg Lewis. Reggie Wayne and Jerry Porter are only putting up comparable stats. I guess these guys are all jokes?

my 90 year-old grandmother could put up solid stats opposite TO with the philly O-line.

The stats he as put up so far mean nothing. The guy isn't any good, he's not a real WR. There's a reason he wasn't even drafted.

by that logic then, Wayne, Housh, and Porter are no good because they play opposite great WR's. They still have to catch the ball!
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kloide » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:22 pm

Trading westbrook is the worst advice i've heard. Who do you want for him LT, Alexander???? If you get one of those 2 go ahead.
kloide
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:26 pm

packers04 wrote:you gave projected stats.....i really dont believe he will catch 80 balls and would not be a #2 wr on most nfl teams....westbrook is their #2 wr anyways

I also gave his current stats and said that they are comparable to Housh, Wayne, and Porter. Check them out yourself.

In fact, let me make it more cut and dry. Greg Lewis currently has more receptions and yards than the following #2 WRs:

Calico, Lelie, S. Parker, E. Parker, Bruce, Colbert, Finneran, Rogers, Gage, Ferguson, Toomer, Patten, Reggie Williams, Bradford, Housh, Mark Clayton, McCairens, Booker, and Evans.

He's posted more receptions, and more yards than at least 19 other team's 2nd best WR. Logic dictates, he's been superior in his play than those, which by logic also means he's above average at the very least in terms of #2 NFL WRs. There's nothing not good about that, and if he's only the 3rd target in his offense, its even more impressive.

Also you might note, that his stats are not inflated by one monster game. He's recorded: 4, 6, and 5 receptions. Given that consistency, its incredibly logical to assume he continues to average 5 receptions a game, and that would give him a total of 80 receptions at the season's end.

Is Greg Lewis unproven and new? Absolutely. Is he bad? No. Has nothing to do with who I root for as your suggested, and everything to do with his production.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Great Gambini » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:28 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
eaglesfan wrote:He is the #2 RB in my league, and I would love to own him. The guy is a lock almost for a TD a week. He has the same chance of scoring each week as does Priest or LT.

indeed he does - but what about his injury history? Thats the point of this thread.

Well then I guess I'm a lucky man because I have both LT and Westy in my 12 man money league! As you can guess I'm absolutely ecstatic with Westbrook's play thus far, and there's no reason it won't continue unless he happens to be hurt, which again, can happen to anyone.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:32 pm

He is even more and more red zone passing looks, which is a plus!
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:58 am

The Guru wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
The Guru wrote:Also Phil #2 WR is a joke this year so they have to rely on there limited playmakers more; Owens and Westy. Phil offense isn't as dominate as it was last year but thats a good thing for Westy.

Greg Lewis has:

15 rec, 153 yards, and 1 TD in 3 games. Project those out for the whole season he's on pace for:

I guess that's pathetic for #2 WRs. Like TJ Housh who has less receptions and yards than Greg Lewis. Reggie Wayne and Jerry Porter are only putting up comparable stats. I guess these guys are all jokes?

my 90 year-old grandmother could put up solid stats opposite TO with the philly O-line.

The stats he as put up so far mean nothing. The guy isn't any good, he's not a real WR. There's a reason he wasn't even drafted.

Rod Smith eclipsed 10,000 yards tonight...........undrafted. Not saying Greg Lewis is Rod Smith, but just because your not drafted doesn't mean your not talented.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby The Guru » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:23 am

eaglesfan wrote:
The Guru wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

Greg Lewis has:

Rod Smith eclipsed 10,000 yards tonight...........undrafted. Not saying Greg Lewis is Rod Smith, but just because your not drafted doesn't mean your not talented.

usually its the case though.

your a homer and thats the only reason you think lewis is any good. philly should have signed a wr as soon as pinkston went down. hell pinkston was one of the wrost #2wr's in the league b4 he got hurt. lewis wouldn't start on any other team in the league.

TO and Moss make everyone in there offense better. thats the case with qbs, wrs, and rbs. if TO wasn't an eagle lewis would be nothing. since TO get doubled every play, lewis gets singled covered. not too mention that westy draws doubles at times also.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aussieboy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:57 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Why not trade him? His value is at its all time high. He IS an injury prone player, why not get rid of him and get great value for him at the same time?

Because the only guys worth trading him for are LT and SA, and I'm pretty sure the owners of those guys arent gonna bite on that trade.

The thing I love about Westbrook is that if he's facing a great rushing defense then he still can put up great numbers for you via his catches. Why trade him? Chances are you're only going to get a worse RB in return. Sure Westbrook could get injured, but i'd rather ride Westbrook into the playoffs and hope he's healthy than trade for a lesser RB and miss out on the playoffs all together.

Right now Westbrook is as sure a lock as there is in fantasy football. If you're really worried about him getting injured, then grab Gordon. Don't trade him unless you get LT or SA in return.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:27 am

Greg Lewis is bad fellas. Sorry to burst your bubble. Dont quote me the stats he put up against OAK and SF and tell me he's special - come on. Has PHI had a good #2 WR in the last 10 yrs? Just give it up. I will say he is serviceable but then again, thats all PHI asks of their #2 WR. Im specifically talking about skill here - not stats. Lewis simply isnt that talented, and to even try and compare him to playmakers like Wayne and Housh by quoting the stats he put up against poor Ds is a thin argument at best.

Anyway - Right now I would trade Westbrook for LT, SA, Holmes, Edge, Deuce, and Dillon. I guess his injury history scares me that much. To each his own. ;-)
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:21 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Greg Lewis is bad fellas. Sorry to burst your bubble. Dont quote me the stats he put up against OAK and SF and tell me he's special - come on. Has PHI had a good #2 WR in the last 10 yrs? Just give it up. I will say he is serviceable but then again, thats all PHI asks of their #2 WR. Im specifically talking about skill here - not stats. Lewis simply isnt that talented, and to even try and compare him to playmakers like Wayne and Housh by quoting the stats he put up against poor Ds is a thin argument at best.

Anyway - Right now I would trade Westbrook for LT, SA, Holmes, Edge, Deuce, and Dillon. I guess his injury history scares me that much. To each his own. ;-)

Corn, What are your feelings on Dilllon? I know a lot of people had him in the top10 or even top5 in the early offseason, but he eventually fell back to a 10-12 ranking. And Every time I watch him play, it's brutal, the guy has obviously lost a step. It's like watching a car accident in slow motion. What makes you rank him as a top RB anymore? It looks to me like Dillon fell off a cliff in the offseason.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk