Takeo Spikes out for season, Hurt Buffalo D? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Takeo Spikes out for season, Hurt Buffalo D?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Takeo Spikes out for season, Hurt Buffalo D?

Postby devius » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:39 pm

Of course i had spikes in my IDP league :-t. With spikes out...how does this hurt their def? more susceptible to the run? got duece up against them next week and hoping it does :)
QB Carson Palmer*, Jake Plummer
RB Deuce McAllister*, Corey Dillion*, Warrick Dunn, Willie Parker*, Michael Bennett
WR Torry Holt*, Michael Clayton*, Chris Chambers, Eddie Kennison, Charles Rogers*,
TE Tony Gonzalez*
K Ryan Longwell*
DEF MatchUps
devius
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:31 pm

they haven't been good against the Run in the last two weeks, and ATL just shredded their defense.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bdrotoronto » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:57 pm

Here were some thoughts I had re: Buffalo over in the Draft/Waiver forum earlier today..
I wrote:I was at the game yesterday, and the loss of Takeo Spikes is a huge loss for that D. Immediately after he left Warrick Dunn gashed them for a 59-yd run that set up an improbable FG, and Dunn and Duckett then pretty much took turns running over them the rest of the game. Spikes is the heart and soul of the defence, and without him this defence just really isn't that good, they become an average unit. Even the week before Spikes went down, they got gashed pretty badly by Cadillac Williams. On the major call-in shows after the game, consensus local opinion is that Losman sucks, and the defence is way overrated and doesn't have the depth as advertised, and that is why the Bills are losing.

If I were you, I'd drop the Bills for the Steelers, who I think are an elite unit and should never be on waivers. But I would also drop them for either the Bucs or the Bengals, both of whom are playing well and I think would be improvements.

Bottom line is I think this affects the Buffalo D big-time, and I don't think they will be a studly fantasy defence anymore. They will probably only be an average in real-life too, for that matter. Once teams figure out to stack the box against McGahee and force Losman to do something to beat them, that team will be in huge trouble. :-/
BTW, the Kelly Holcomb watch is offically on in the Buffalo call-in shows.. over-under three games.. :-b
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby victordestructo » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:25 pm

Their DEF hasnt looked good, Spikes is out, but London Fletcher and Lawyer Milloy are hurt as well. They look like a matchup play at this point...
"He invited me into the house for a little bit. There he was with his tight little shorts, no shirt and his little red hat. He was doing some farming or something. He was covered in dirt. It was awesome."
-- JP Losman on meeting Brett Favre
victordestructo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:14 pm

Honestly the defense was already looking pretty poor. We all know defenses somehow often just go from good to bad or vice versa from year to year without any personnel changes. Even with Spikes, the Bills looked like one of those teams this year.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm

Spikes is the heart of that defence (along with London Fletcher) I would significantly downgrade them. With the loss of Pat Williams and Spikes I would not count on the Bills being on the of the top run-stopping teams in the league again this year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk