Would someone please hang Spurrier - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Would someone please hang Spurrier

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CTC » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:52 pm

Yeah, the second half was a bummer for Coles owners, but all in all, I'm not too dissappointed with his 106 yards. Shows he could have a good year...
CTC
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jdogg_ffc » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:48 pm

Old "Ball Coach" if a FF nightmare I know I had Rod Gardner for a while last year. I suggest a trade or drop of all his players for the present. (prefer trade)
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby terpfan » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:13 pm

its not spurriers fault u expected him to use one back.

im a skins fan so i actually care about them winning and using all 3 backs is the best way to do that. lots of variation in the backfield.

2 more things...
1. canidate lost the pt mostly because betts looked great. he was hitting the holes HARD.
2. actually its rb coach hue jackson who does the rb switching, not spurrier... :-b
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:18 pm

Yeah I think it's your fault for starting one of the Redskins RBs, with all the reports saying there was no one true starter. Don't blame Spurrier, blame yourself.

As a Redskins fan, I was very happy to see Spurrier starting the first few plays of the game running the ball. I think they only lost 1 game last year when they ran more than passed. I also liked his decision to run a lot in the second half to sit on their lead, even though it wasn't a big lead. The more conservative play gave Ramsey some confidence. He got a win under his belt as a starter and still was given the ability to make a few plays downfield.

I haven't completely given up on Spurrier yet. =)
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk