Should Canidate Lose Starting Role? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should Canidate Lose Starting Role?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:18 am

I don't think either running back proved that they should be the number 1. Neither was dominant over the other. It will probably take a few weeks for Spurrier to determine which one he likes best. If Betts is a better blocker, he may never give all of the carries to one back.

Needless to say, as a Canidate owner, I'm less than thrilled.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:33 am

It's looking like Betts is the tougher between the tackles back, with Trung coming in as a change of pace. I do think Trung will bust out a couple of big plays with long runs, but right now it looks like he won't be consistent enough for a fantasy start. There's still a lot of fotball to be layed though.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:58 am

I have both of these back and would use them for anymore then my flex spot...and I don't think anyone else should either...niether one will be good enough to carry a #2 spot on any roster...but as a flex player one will emurge as the better of the two

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:03 am

You see this quote from Pasquarelli (ESPN)?:

"Look for the hard-running Betts to play an ever-increasing role in coming weeks. He is the tougher of the two runners, more a north-south rusher, while Canidate seems to have trouble locating holes because he's looking too hard for one."
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:09 am

I noticed exactly what pasquarelli said. Canidate spent too much time in the backfield looking for a place to run, betts found the hole and hit it quickly.

Throughout the majority of the game, betts was definitely better. Canidate got his yards late because he was fresh. Throughout the first 3 quarters he was getting 2 yards a pop, while betts was getting 6.

One thing to note fantasy wise also....betts got the goalline carries.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:23 am

fntsyrookie wrote:I'd just get used to RBBC in Washington all season long. That's the way it's going to be.

Bingo.

This is going to be a common theme for the next couple of weeks. The hype many RBs are getting now will not come to pass, and those fantasy players who have pinned their chances on players like Canidate, Barlow, O. Smith, even C. Martin (apparantly. BTW - nice TD, Lamont.) are going to quickly find they should have grabbed that premier RB when they had the chance.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

canidate or betts

Postby donkey » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:32 am

Look, I'm a canidate owner. But I am objective. Stop the bull#### that he got his yards in the 4th quarter, He only got the ball in the first and fourth quarters. You can't run if your not in there. They ran him between the tackles...fine, But you have to get him outside unless your an idiot you know that. As for the "block" he missed, Sure he should have got a piece of him, But he was going out into the pass pattern and when he saw the linebacker come through it was too late to hit him. He stuck out his arm only because thats all he could do at that instant. I'm sure he would tell you that he should have picked him up. I don't know there offensive scheem, If that as his first option to pick up a blitzer and then go out or not. So unless you "know it alls know what your talking about" shut the F### up. And if he was supposed to pick up the linebacker first...My apologies to all
donkey

Friendliness: %

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:38 am

donkey, donkey, donkey.

You didnt actually start Canidate did you?
Maybe next week you will have learned.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

cornbread

Postby donkey1 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:43 am

Hey cornhead, No I did not start him. And based on the crap I saw from Spurrier last night. I WON'T start him
donkey1

Friendliness: %

Re: canidate or betts

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:44 am

donkey wrote:Look, I'm a canidate owner. But I am objective. Stop the bull#### that he got his yards in the 4th quarter, He only got the ball in the first and fourth quarters. You can't run if your not in there. They ran him between the tackles...fine, But you have to get him outside unless your an idiot you know that. As for the "block" he missed, Sure he should have got a piece of him, But he was going out into the pass pattern and when he saw the linebacker come through it was too late to hit him. He stuck out his arm only because thats all he could do at that instant. I'm sure he would tell you that he should have picked him up. I don't know there offensive scheem, If that as his first option to pick up a blitzer and then go out or not. So unless you "know it alls know what your talking about" shut the F### up. And if he was supposed to pick up the linebacker first...My apologies to all
:~( :-t
I am not a head football coach, but if my RB made a habit out of hanging my QB out to dry by not looking to pick up the blitz, I would make a habit out of hanging said RB out to dry on the bench. I understand your angst over Trung not getting the ball, but you’re spewing your venom at the wrong persons. The play calling was not the decision of anyone of us “know it alls” that muse over our beloved sport on this forum! I apologize if our opinions upset you, I’ll just shut the F### up now.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk