Should Canidate Lose Starting Role? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should Canidate Lose Starting Role?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: canidate or betts

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:47 am

donkey wrote:Look, I'm a canidate owner. But I am objective.

Best line of the day.

8-o

LOL
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 49ers Forever » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:14 pm

betts looked good early, and in 4th quarter. Canidate looked good 2nd half, but since he only got 3 carries and was benched. 3 carries for 10 yards mind you, that's not too bad. it will be RBBC this entire year, did you see Chad Morton even took 3 carries? As for yards per carry.... they should start Ramsey.
49ers Forever
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

re:

Postby Scania22 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:29 pm

Neither of them looked particularly bad - thats the point - either one would be a good fantasy option if they were full time.

But that doesn't change the fact that Spurrier is a wacko who shuffles personnel like a deck of cards. And its not just RB's by committee, its WR's by committee, and TE's by committee, and last year even QB's by committee.

avoid Washington RB's!
Scania22

Friendliness: %

Postby AF » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:41 pm

All in all both guys will have to do more to earn the starting job imo, but Betts did look better due in large part to his greater playing time. One thing I did see that I don't think is going to help Trung a whole lot was after his 4th qrt run for 8yds or so he gave a nice little glare over towards Spurrier. Playing pissed at the coach may motivate him to make something for the time he does get however. I don't see either guy getting more than 66% of the carries next week. With Betts getting the majority.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:16 pm

betts looked great to me. he hit the hole really hard. canidate didnt really look that bad either, but the commitee approach actually seemed to work pretty well... as a skins fan i wouldnt mind it, luckiliy i dont have canidate on any of my teams.

cuz like ive been saying the whole offseason its gonna be a rbbc. everyone assumed that after watson left trung had the job... but betts (and morton) will get significant time.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:30 pm

Betts' running style looked better than Trung's. Betts would run fast through the hole, turn up field quicker. Trung on the other hand seemed hesitant and would always do a little dance step whether there was open field in front of him or not.

Friendliness: %

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:54 pm

Trung is pretty much worthless at this point. At best if he was the starter fulltime, he could pull a Michael Bennett from last year. Because when the Skins get anywhere near the goalline, Betts is going in the game. So you have to hope for a huge yardage game from Trung to get any significant points out of it, unless he plans on scoring alot of TD's long distance style.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk