My Top 7 Stats So Far This Year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My Top 7 Stats So Far This Year

Moderator: Football Moderators

My Top 7 Stats So Far This Year

Postby Warhawk » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:50 pm

I meant to make this top 5 but I got carried away. :-?

All FF points statistics are based on the default settings for Yahoo.

1.) The What The Hell? stat of week 3: LaDainian Tomlinson - 26 Passing Yds, 1 TD. I didn't see the game, so when I read this I thought it had to be a stat error. Uh, nope, it actually happened.

2.) TJ Houshmandezah Fumbles it... but not really. Nice work Yahoo in making us all confused, at least it's corrected now.

3.) Most useless stat in FF that actually carries weight in the NFL: Completion Percentage. Peyton Manning completed 82.6% of his passes yesterday, and scored all of 2 fantasy points. Conversely, Gus Frerotte has completed just 51.8% of his passes this year, least among NFL starting QBs, and he has 35 points on the year so far.

4.) Home teams have won 80% of their games so far this year. Not only that, but Home Underdogs have won 78.5% of their games.

5.) Jamal Lewis did better in his bye week than he did in week 2, 0 pts to -1pts. So did Joey Harrington and Ladell Betts (-1 and -2 points in week 2, respectively)

6.) The only player who has posted 100 yds rushing in every game this year is a rookie, Caddy to be precise.

7.) Back to Peyton Manning. So far, 15 players have a higher QB rating than him this year. On the other hand, best reason he'll break out this week?

2004 v. Tennessee: 74.2% comp. percentage, 679 yds, 5TD, 2 INT in 2 games v. Tennessee.

And that was when Samari Rolle and Andre Dyson were still on the team. This year? The starting cornerbacks coming into 2005 had 12 starts Combined.

Well, that's all I got folks, have a nice week 4.
Last edited by Warhawk on Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:53 pm

I find the JLewis one quite humorous. :-D
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk