Cadillac Williams - Whats his keeper value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cadillac Williams - Whats his keeper value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cadillac Williams - Whats his keeper value?

Postby The Guru » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:42 pm

Cadillac Williams is leading the league in rushing after 3 weeks. He is obviously ready for the NFL.

But what is his value as a keeper?

He is breaking records as a rookie RB. The numbers he is putting up as a rookie are un hurd of.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gnu314 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:51 pm

While his records are unHEARD of, hes also on pace for 100 more carries than C-Mart had last year when he was the rushing leader. I think eventually this wear is going to catch up to the kid, it absolutely has to eventually. However obviously his keeper value is pretty good but I wouldn't keep him over my first rounder this year (assuming it was a new league).

Going into this year a lot of people had McGahee ranked as high as 5th in keeper leagues, and I can guarantee with the shape of that offense at the moment that they're wishing they could take that back.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:00 pm

The biggest scare right now for Caddy has got to be, as mentioned above, the number of carries he's getting.

Rookies generally hit that "rookie wall" about week 10, and here we're talking about a guy that's never carried the load before getting more carries than almost any player, not just rookie, has ever gotten.

They're going to have to lighten his load or he's going to end up in a wheelchair by year 3. It's my guess that they'll realize this.

Then the question becomes how effective is he? He had 158 yards last week, but on 37 carries. How often is he going to get 37 carries? Not very. What happens if he only gets 22-25? I believe he was around 24-79 at one point during the game, likewise in week 1 he was 25-69 at one point. What if that's the end of his carries and he doesn't get 27, 28, .... , 37 because his coaches realize they can't ask a guy to carry 490 times a year.

All that said, his keeper value is super high right now, and it's quite justified.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:03 pm

Edgerrin James all over again. This guy could conceivably be the #1 RB this year when all is said and done.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby The Guru » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:03 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
All that said, his keeper value is super high right now, and it's quite justified.

would you say top 5 back?
#2 behind LT2?

where does he belong?
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aussieboy » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:01 pm

I own him in a keeper, the only RB id rather have in a keeer right now is LT.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ironhorse75 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:03 pm

aussieboy wrote:I own him in a keeper, the only RB id rather have in a keeer right now is LT.

Really? Not even SA?
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby aussieboy » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:05 pm

Ironhorse75 wrote:
aussieboy wrote:I own him in a keeper, the only RB id rather have in a keeer right now is LT.

Really? Not even SA?

I dunno to be honest with you. In terms of keeper value I may even prefer Caddy. Of course that could change later in the season. The thing with SA is that although it may seem unlikely its possible that he might not be in Seattle next season. If that were the case, it's hard to predict what SA value would be.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:08 pm

He's top 10 for me right now, but I am going to have to see him do it for a full season before I put him any higher.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BeefSandwiches » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:21 am

Where does he rank versus either of the KC backs? I go back and forth on the keeper value of both Priest and LJ, but can't make up my mind.

I don't think I am ready to put Caddy #2 just yet, but I agree with CC that he is top 10.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk