Pennington out for the year, Fiedler out for six weeks+ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pennington out for the year, Fiedler out for six weeks+

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:31 pm

The Patriots still have Tom Brady and Bill Bellichek, until they don't then you can count them out. As for the Bills, im sure many thought they would have done alot better then they started out, I thought they looked better then the Jets have though.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:56 pm

eaglesfan wrote:not to sound like a jerk, but was there much optimism before?

Let's see. They were a missed field goal away from the AFC championship game last year. So to answer your question, yes.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:06 pm

warrick95 wrote:Jon Kitna...IMO, the biggest possibility. Kitna has said that he wants to stay in Cincy, but I think the Bengal organization, if approached with a trade request, would be honorable enough to sit down with Kit and see what he wants to do (of course, it is a business and they may not, as they were asses to Peter Warrick). Kitna may not turn down a chance to start before his FA year for a pretty good team.

Damn that would be great. He'd be a great pick-up after he learned the Offense.
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:09 pm

eaglesfan wrote:If you guys get Volek or Ramsey at this point it might actually be an upgrade over Pennington. He hasn't looked good at all!

Ramsey -- definitely not an upgrade over Chad. Volek? Maybe. But only, as MadDog insinuates, Chad really is too fragile for the NFL.

Chad will probably have another Tommy John surgery and, who knows, maybe they'll get it right the second time. Because, seriously, it's not that Chad is too fragile; it's that his shoulder is too fragile.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:48 pm

Can anyone say...Vinny Testaverde?
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
FLEX- D. McFadden, F. Jackson
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

B- T. Romo, J. Kerley, K. Hunter, V. Ballard, D. Thomas, B. Myers, S. Suisham
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:00 pm

Man my day keeps getting worse and worse, we got to get somebody, if we got the whole year with Brooks friggin Bollinger I will flip out. Come on, there's got to be sombody out there we could sign or something to a 1 year contract, how bout guys like Volek(who no way in hell would be an upgrade over Penny). Wonder if Jeff George or Doug Flutie would still want to play? :-? :-/ :-[ :-t :-t :-t :-t
Red Stripe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Constructing a titanium shoulder for Chad Pennington

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:05 pm

Red Stripe wrote:Man my day keeps getting worse and worse, we got to get somebody, if we got the whole year with Brooks friggin Bollinger I will flip out. Come on, there's got to be sombody out there we could sign or something to a 1 year contract, how bout guys like Volek(who no way in hell would be an upgrade over Penny). Wonder if Jeff George or Doug Flutie would still want to play? :-? :-/ :-[ :-t :-t :-t :-t

Look at Voleks agent then you'll see a problem but if he happens to make it to the Jets I will be picking him up in my two QB league.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:08 pm

I heard that they will talk to Quincy Carter on the radio.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gang Green » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:09 pm

Red Stripe wrote:Man my day keeps getting worse and worse, we got to get somebody, if we got the whole year with Brooks friggin Bollinger I will flip out. Come on, there's got to be sombody out there we could sign or something to a 1 year contract, how bout guys like Volek(who no way in hell would be an upgrade over Penny). Wonder if Jeff George or Doug Flutie would still want to play? :-? :-/ :-[ :-t :-t :-t :-t

I'm not going to say Volek is better than Chad, but Volek throws a great deep ball and is familiar with Heimerdinger's system in which you need to throw the ball vertically. To me, he would be the most optimal pickup. If not him, then Kitna.
Gang Green
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:38 pm

considering flutie is on the Pats, I'd say he wants to play.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk