Pennington out for the year, Fiedler out for six weeks+ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pennington out for the year, Fiedler out for six weeks+

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JimmyChoi » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:50 pm

I agree....Volek is not what we need...and there is no way in hell I d pay what theyre asking for him....IMHO Penny's career is toast....we need to think of the future....
Kensat30 wrote:
benm3218 wrote:

Volek would be way too pricey for the Jet's to consider. The guy is not a quality NFL starting QB, and that is the price he would command. The Jet's already have Pennington locked up, they need a 1 year stopgap fill-in.

Seriously, if the Jet's make a move for Feeley, err Volek, their organization is taking a big step backwards. Giving a high pick or multiple high picks just so that they can amass an 8-8 record, miss the playoffs, and get stuck right in the middle of the first round? Smacks of desperation and will almost surely come back to bite them in the ass next year. Is the situation so desperate that they're willing to sacrifice the future (next year?!?) for a chance to be a wildcard team? That is just not smart management.

I think they pull a guy from the rummage bin (Testaverde) or acquire a guy on the cheap (Ramsey). At least that way they will have their picks for next year. I think Ramsey would get the ball downfield just as effectively as Volek would, for a quarter the cost.
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:20 pm

Vinny Testaverde with the Jets again? How ironic. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

The AFC East is seriously challenging the NFC North for the worst division in football. The Patriots are the most overrated team in football, The Bills are still experiencing Losman growing pains, the Dolphins will soon have a losing record again, and now the Jets don't have a legit QB either.

I see maybe one winning record in this division (hopefully not the Patriots).
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:23 pm

LOL...look at the Seahawk fan calling the Pats overrated....

COME ON SEATTLE!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk