How would your league handle this debaucle???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How would your league handle this debaucle????

Moderator: Football Moderators

How would your league handle this debaucle????

Postby Bronco_7 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:44 pm

After the games were done yesterday I had a trade vetoed by the commish that no one voted against. However, the guy that agreed to the deal emailed the commish and said he made a mistake in accepting the trade. So the commish vetoed it without any discussion in thee league.

The deal was me giving Kevin Jones and Burrelson for Randy Moss.

How would your league handle this and would you be pissed if the trade was cancelled for this reason if you were me??? Is it fair for the commish to cancel a trade with no discussion???
Sig GoodStash

12 team
QBs Roethlisberger, Kapernik
RBs Doug Martin, D Thomas, Bryce Brown
WRs C Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Garcon
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby houstonoilers » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:56 pm

you almost got away with murder....nice try
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:56 pm

Personally if you tried to offer me Kevin Jones and an injured Burleson for Moss I would not only decline the trade but I would be inclined to send you a virtual pimp slap. I think it is more than fair to assume that the guy meant to refuse the trade and hit the accept button by accident. If you were trying to offer a fair deal and he pulled this I would be pissed but since you were just trying to hornswaggle him I would have to say you didn't deserve for the trade to go through anyway...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby houstonoilers » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:59 pm

"hornswaggle" nice....very nice
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

My thinking in making the deal.....

Postby Bronco_7 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:00 pm

I was not trying to shaft the guy. I was thinking that both guys have lots of potential and if the guy was willing to gamble (he was in need of a running back in a bad way) the payoff could be big for him. So I was being sincere with my offer.
Sig GoodStash

12 team
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

Postby houstonoilers » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:03 pm

you might have been sincere. I would just have been appauled. Try it again maybe the guy will hit the accept button again. Heck its worth a try.
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Bronco_7 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:08 pm

It would be worth a try. Even if the guy accepted again I am sure the result would be the same and the trade would be vetoed in my goofy league.

Look at my roster in a 12 team league and tell me if you think that the strength of my roster had anything to do with the decision of the commish?? Add Moss to that roster and take away Jones and Burrelson and I would be unstoppable.
Sig GoodStash

12 team
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:08 pm

It's not that horrible an offer as everyone is making it out to be. It isn't a good offer, but it isn't as bad as everyone is saying.
If he cancelled the trade before it went through because he changed his mind, that's fine.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: My thinking in making the deal.....

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:11 pm

Bronco_7 wrote:I was not trying to shaft the guy. I was thinking that both guys have lots of potential and if the guy was willing to gamble (he was in need of a running back in a bad way) the payoff could be big for him. So I was being sincere with my offer.

I'm sorry Bronco but NOBODY is hurting at RB badly enough to take a 3rd-tier RB and an injured WR who was never really a top prospect to begin with in exchange for the #1WR in the league... I am sure if you proposed this trade in the Draft/Trade etc forum here with you as the receiver of KJ/Burleson instead of the giver you would not get more than 1 response saying to do it...

I normally do not advocate vetoing of trades for anything other than collusion but this is an obvious case of someone hitting the wrong button and you know it...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Bronco_7 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:19 pm

Third Tier Running back????? When did Kevin Jones become a third tier Running Back??? I am sure he went in the first two rounds of your draft as he did in most. If you are saying he is third tier due to his play of late that is pretty short sighted. That is like saying Manning is a third Teir QB.......and no I am not saying Manning and K Jones have the same value. I am just saying that it is wrong to say a player is of lesser quality than he really is just because he underachieves for a few games.
Sig GoodStash

12 team
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager