How would your league handle this debaucle???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How would your league handle this debaucle????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:28 pm

He's third tier at this point not because of how he HAS performed but because at this point there is little reason to think it will improve as his QB is so terrible the opposing Defenses can stack the box against him all year...

He may have gone in the 1st or 2nd round in many drafts but IMO most of those people were projecting too high based on a few good games from last year and he will not live up to the hype...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:27 am

Try again and offer Caddy instead of KJ. If you like him so much, you start him. I think it puts a dent in your unstoppable team, though. He seems to have the Jones Turd Syndrome.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby awwchrist » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:04 am

3 weeks +1 day ago you would have been cheered for your trading prowness.

I wuv ff.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:42 am

bronco - it was a very fair trade.

Dont let these guys tell you differently.

KJ is a HUGE buy low candidate apparantly. I love the fact they are talking about Joey as to why KJ isnt a good option now - too funny. Is that the same Joey that was QB when KJ was a top 5 RB for the last 8 games of the yr last yr?

Anyway...

There is a lot of grey area when it comes to trades and the best way to avoid these scenarios is to have the process expressly spelled out in the rules before the season starts. Some leagues allow the owners a couple days to let them think a trade through once they accept it - this is pretty rare however. The majority of leagues (at least its my impression that itsthe majority) rule that once an owner hits accept, he cannot back out of the deal. Personally, I dont have a preference other than I want it to be spelled out prior to the season so everyone knows the rules and it isnt a suprise to anyone when it happens.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:50 am

It should be fairly easy to determine the amount of time between when he accepted the trade and when he e-mailed the commish to say it was an accident.... If his e-mail immediately followed his acceptance of the trade, then I would let the reversal stand.... If a lot of time elapsed between the two, then I think it's safe to say that he probably is trying to put one over on the commish....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:17 am

I really don't think this is a debaucle. If the person offering the trade wanted to undo the trade after it was accepted, then it would have been a debaucle. Unless the guy who "accidentally" accepted the trade vocalized his intentions beforehand, the commish has no choice but do undo the trade. Even if time has past between accepting the trade and e-mailing the commish, there's still no way to prove what his intentions were. He might not have noticed he pressed the wrong button.

I also didn't think it was an unfair trade.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:38 am

If you offered that trade to me I'd reject it in a second. Now if you offer up Holt and Jones, then I'd be more inclined to accept it.
and I agree with plindsey find out how much time elapsed between the reject and the email. But, also know that if he did unintetionally accept he might not have gone back to view his roster right away feeling confident he still had Moss on the roster.
Maybe you could trick the TO or Harrison with the same BS trade.

As the saying goes, Sometimes you kick, sometimes you get kicked.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk