Andre Johnson..will he live up to his preseason rank? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Andre Johnson..will he live up to his preseason rank?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:09 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:The original question is whether or not AJ will earn his draft price - and the obvious answer is no..


Not to burst your bubble, or to knock your answer but... that was not the orignal question.

john912435 wrote:Is Johnson a buy low candidate or a season long wash?


That was the question...and the answer is YES he is a prime buy low candidate. If you can get for cheap do it, you didn't spend the high pick on him someone else did. If you can benefit from them giving up to early on guy who will be a solid#2 WR go for it...

and if he does bust, are you really going to care if you spent nothing to get him? hell no, so why not give a chance to a guy who could be a stud by the years end.


hey now - my bubble never gets burst!

check out the thread title. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:46 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:The original question is whether or not AJ will earn his draft price - and the obvious answer is no..


Not to burst your bubble, or to knock your answer but... that was not the orignal question.

john912435 wrote:Is Johnson a buy low candidate or a season long wash?


That was the question...and the answer is YES he is a prime buy low candidate. If you can get for cheap do it, you didn't spend the high pick on him someone else did. If you can benefit from them giving up to early on guy who will be a solid#2 WR go for it...

and if he does bust, are you really going to care if you spent nothing to get him? hell no, so why not give a chance to a guy who could be a stud by the years end.
LOL, this from the guy that just stole Jordan/AJ IMO.

I do think that he is definitely a great buy low candidate. I just don't think they are going to toil in the duldrums all season long. Carr and AJ should get it going in the not too distant future although I do think that the CINN defense will be a bit too much for them this week.
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:06 pm

I have Andre Johnson and have good enough receivers that I dont have to start him and I am still looking to sell on this guy. You have to go back to last season week 13 to find his last 100+ yard game with a TD. He had one game since then that he got a TD, but did not break 50 yards in any of them. So that is 6 games with no TD and maybe 300 yards total....ie SUCK!!
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1258
Joined: 17 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "Milla-walk-ay"

Postby PuntinFool » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:18 pm

I think the real test will be when Houston faces a team that isn't so dominant on defense. Then, with Carr getting a little more breathing room, we can see how he passes. If he passes well AJ will be the WR2 people are hoping for, with matchups to be heavily considered. If he doesn't pass well then AJ will probably end up no better than the sporadic big games of players like Galloway or Stokley. Just gotta see..
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 296
Joined: 26 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Boston, MA

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:26 pm

PuntinFool wrote:I think the real test will be when Houston faces a team that isn't so dominant on defense. Then, with Carr getting a little more breathing room, we can see how he passes. If he passes well AJ will be the WR2 people are hoping for, with matchups to be heavily considered. If he doesn't pass well then AJ will probably end up no better than the sporadic big games of players like Galloway or Stokley. Just gotta see..


The problem is that he was drafted as a #1 by far too many people. He was ranked in the top 10 by the majority of people - therefore that makes him a #1 fantasy wr according to preseason rankings.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PuntinFool » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:07 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:The problem is that he was drafted as a #1 by far too many people. He was ranked in the top 10 by the majority of people - therefore that makes him a #1 fantasy wr according to preseason rankings.


Ahhhh yes, you're right. Myself included, too. Well, maybe I should've changed "people are hoping for" to "people will mercifully have to just settle for". :-/
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 296
Joined: 26 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Boston, MA

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 23:39 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact