Took A butt whoopen - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Took A butt whoopen

Moderator: Football Moderators

Took A butt whoopen

Postby TheBlueWhale » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:12 am

Well after a fast 2 - 0 start I dropped to 2 - 1 this weekend and being new to this it really showed. I got thumped 121 to 87. New England psyched me out and I sat Pittsburgh's DST for the Bears DST who I thought had a chance against the Bengals, and they really did play well against Cincy but there's no way they could've over come 7 turnovers and keep that offense out of the end zone. Unfortunately Pittsburgh didn't fair much better. Bears DST racked up 9 points where the Steelers DST got 11, those 2 points could've helped. Although my opponent had the Falcon DST which got a solid 16 fantasy points up in Buffalo.

Then Pittsburgh's defense psyched me out too and I sat Corey Dillon for Larry Johnson against Denver. I forgot that Kansas City never plays well in Denver, and forgot that Corey Dillon is a Patriot. Actually I didn't see him play a lot the week before in North Carolina so I thought maybe something was wrong with em. But, Dillon turned in a 20 fantasy point performance where Larry Johnson gave me a grand total....drum roll please...-1. Heck I minus well have played Chester Taylor, at least with a bye week he couldn't have cost me points. That Mike Anderson run for a touchdown absolutly killed me tonight giving my opponent 15 fantasy points.
Westbrook on the other hand is a stud, and I didn't sit him and he was my high scorer with 32 fantasy points. But Julius Jones gave my opponent a nice 20.

At receiver, low and behold I benched Rod Smith for Terry Glenn. However that wasn't the bad part. Rod Smith gained 14 fantasy points on my bench and Glenn scored 13. However neither one of those came close to Steve Smith's 33 point performance.
My other receiver, Isaac Bruce left the second quarter with a turf toe, and gave me a grand total of 1 fantasy point, the bright spot is he outscored Brandon Stokley who didn't get any fantasy points for my opponent. Meanwhile on my bench was Chris Chambers who did not out score Bruce or Smith in Week 1 and Week 2, and did not outscore Terry Glenn since I dropped TE Stephen Alexander and added Glenn prior to week 2. But this week Chambers scored 15 fantasy points.

My only Tight End on the roster is Tony Gonzalez who gave me a butt kicking 2 fantasy points. I know to be patient with him, he'll have a break out game eventually (long as he doesn't get injury). This still didn't out perform my opponent's Tight End, Alge Crumpler, who managed to score 4 fantasy points.

At quarterback my opponent started Drew Bledso who shined with 30 points. I started Marc Bulger who gave me 23 fantasy points, which isn't bad. But, when I look to see that Eli Manning gave me 27 points, even though that was 3 points shy of Bledso's performance.

My only bright spot may have been my kicker Jeff Reed who out scored my opponent's kicker, Ryan Longwell 8 to 4.

So here I need help for anyone kind enough to read through my griping. When I was drafting I didn't pay close attention to bye weeks. So little did I know that both the Steelers and Bears have a bye week. So now I need to cut someone from my roster and pick up a defense...I'm thinking of cutting Chester Taylor which I think I can re-pick him up at a later date. My other problem is my kicker also plays for the Steelers and I don't have a back up kicker. However, there is no one else on my roster I am really wanting to cut nor trade. Both of my QB's have played steady. My RB's have played well too...even Larry Johnson despite his performance tonight. I have no Randy Moss's and no Terrell Owens, but I do have 4 WR's that can put up decent numbers. Even though he's struggled I wouldn't dare give up Gonzalez. Both the Steelers and Bears defense have played consistant and pretty well, so I don't want to give those up either. My kicker has been very consistant too. I am guessing I should see how Isaac Bruce's turf toe is and how well Smith recovers from that concussion and maybe consider cutting one of those for a kicker. What do you think?
TheBlueWhale Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk