For everyone freaking out after week 3, or who have concerns - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

For everyone freaking out after week 3, or who have concerns

Moderator: Football Moderators

For everyone freaking out after week 3, or who have concerns

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:27 am

I have seen and heard more speculation and people freaking out after week 3 than the entire year last year; most that comes up is the 2 big upset weeks in week 1 and 2, Culpepper, Gonzo, Manning and Curtis Martin.

A lot of you are 0-3 or freaking out because of your top player isn't doing well. Everyone needs to sit back and calm down, relax your fingers from the keyboard and let your wrist slide down off the mouse; you do not need to be rushing to do any trade. This happens and the 1 thing you have to do is be patient

Manning for example, sure he has 2 bad weeks in a row, but it was with a winning effort, Everyone got caught up in last years big season he had and figured he would produce the same, when it was practically impossible to repeat that level of play they had.

Look at Culpepper, 2 bad weeks, everyone talks bad about him and wants to get rid of him and most benched him this week and bam! Comes back with a huge week and paid back everyone who thought he was worthless this year.

All you Manning owners must understand that Manning wont have a year this year like last, he will do better as the season goes on, sometime it takes a bottle of Crown to ease through it, but it will be ok, just wait this out and He will perform, I wouldn't even consider trading him right now.

The one thing you must remember is that it is only week 3, the first 2 weeks were so crazy I wouldn’t even count them, any loses u took in a week 1 or 2, let them go. There is still a good 11 week left for those of you with playoffs in the last 3, plenty of time for teams to get their rhythm together and for players to get use to the system.

For anyone that wants to express their concerns please post your opinions and questions below and I will answer them the best I can.

I recommend letting all your thoughts and concerns out, it will help you sleep better at night.

Thanks for reading my novel, please post any feedback ;-D
Last edited by Alkaholik on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheBlueWhale » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:05 am

I have a question.

I don't have any of the players ya mentioned above except Gonzo and despite three bad performances from him I am still 2 -1 and in first place in my 12-team leagues' division.

This is my first time playing fantasy football and the mistakes I've made are coming out of the wood work. For Week 4, I need to pick up a defense and a kicker for both the Steelers DST and Bears DST both have a bye week in week 4. I am attempting to drop Chester Taylor and pick up the Seahawks DST off of waivers, figuring they might beform ok against a questionable Redskins' offense. They look like they have the most favorable match up this week from all the DSTs available on my league's free agent list. After this week I'll just drop the Seahawks DST and will need a Tight end for Week 5 when Gonzo is off.

But I don't know the roster move to make for a temporary kicker. Since Jeff Reed is on a bue week. I could wait and see how the injuries to Isaac Bruce or Rod Smith play out and possibly cut one of the two, and maybe pick up the new kicker the Eagles will have to activate or any kicker on the waivers who's offense might have the most productive week. Or I could cut Chris Chambers who also has a bye this week, in hopes that I can pick em back up after Week 4.

What would you do?

My current roster is.

QB - Marc Bulger/Eli Manning
RB - Corey Dillon/Larry Johnson
RB - Brian Westbrook/Chester Taylor
WR - Rod Smith/Chris Chambers
WR - Isaac Bruce/Terry Glenn
TE - Tony Gonzalez
K - Jeff Reed
DST - Steelers/Bears
TheBlueWhale Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby iloveny18 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:09 pm

other than my concern for gonzo, I would say that jake plummer's inablility to play QB is perennial......except that he doesn't want to give lelie the damn ball
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Football Talk