Need All You Commisioners For Help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Need All You Commisioners For Help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who gets S Davis?

Person who got lucky and picked him up originally
63%
Person 2 who picked him up the second time I opened up free agency
37%

Total votes : 19

Need All You Commisioners For Help!

Postby ISLAS3000 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:32 am

I'm a commish in a money league and I have a problem. My league was on foxsports and as most of you know their site sucks and has major issues. I started the league 1 week before the opener of the season. I tried opening free agency and it didn't let me. I tried before and afterweek 1's games with no luck. It wouldn't let me. But somehow one of my owners made it through and was actually able to pick someone up (S. Davis) without me noticing(there was no transaction page made for the site). After Week 2 I finally moved to another site and opened up free agency. Everyone picked up players including S Davis. Now my problem is who gets S. Davis. I see both sides. The guy who picked him originally didn't get to to tell me their was an error with Davis being a FA becuase he was having trouble logging on. The guy who picked him up 1st says it wasn't his fault that the site let him and no one else. The guy who picked him up secondly says it was not fair because no one else was able to pick him up.
ISLAS3000
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:41 am

Wow - that's a tough one...

Here's what I would do (YMMV) - offer the two owners who picked him up (1st and 2nd time) to have a bidding war with silent bids through email to you for one day - whomever bids the highest gets the player and all the cash bid goes to the prize pool...

That way both guys have an equal chance of getting him depending on how much he means ($$ value) to them...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby FatFoot » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:20 am

Neither one is going to love that option. But it's that or the coin flip type options, as best I can tell. I'd be inclined to say that if no one else had access to FA, then it's unfair for one guy to have access. But either way you go someone is going to get pissed.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:36 am

I think that because nobody else was givin a fair opportunity to pick him up S. Davis should of stayed in the FA pool. All those players would be available by WW priority according to original draft position after a 2 day waiting period. That's the only fair way that you can do it unfortunately. However if other people have been working the WW already that wouldnt be an option. If that's the case I think you would need to give S.Davis to whoever had a higher WW priority and move that manager down to last on the WW.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

the prob

Postby ISLAS3000 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:18 am

Those are all good ideas but the problem is that I try to keep my league simple. There are no Waiver Wire and no price per person. The free agency is open to all for no price. There is just an entrance fee. Right now there trying to work out a trade but if it falls through then I'm going to have to pick someone to get Davis.
ISLAS3000
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:29 am

Did you make it clear that no WW pickups would be allowed? If not then you have to give him to the guy who originally picked up Davis.
If it was clear that no WW should be made until you got the situation fixed, then they guy who picked up Davis the second time should keep him.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:16 pm

Steven Davis has to go to the first team because he was a player that was not supposed to be in the free agency pool. The fact that he was able to pick him up when no one else was is just a computer glitch and tough luck for everyone else. Davis being in the free agency pool though was your error and needs to be corrected.

The reason I feel this way is because there is a good chance the first player would have rushed to get Davis if he knew he was returning to the pool. Since he had access before, there is a good chance he did not rush because there was no one he wanted.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: the prob

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:37 pm

ISLAS3000 wrote:Those are all good ideas but the problem is that I try to keep my league simple. There are no Waiver Wire and no price per person. The free agency is open to all for no price. There is just an entrance fee. Right now there trying to work out a trade but if it falls through then I'm going to have to pick someone to get Davis.

Keeping it simple is fine but when you have a SNAFU like this you need to fix it. Easiest way to do it is to let them bid for the guy so whichever of them REALLY wants him will get him. The other guy can only complain so much at that point because he had his fair chance and all it would have taken was to open up his wallet...

If you "choose" one or the other they will both have semi-legit reasons to gripe - you have to let them fight it out fair so there is no chance for the loser to complain....
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Re: the prob

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:14 am

ISLAS3000 wrote:There are no Waiver Wire and no price per person. The free agency is open to all for no price.

Since this is the case with your league, the first guy should get to keep him.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:18 am

The "simple" leagues are the ones that seem to have the most rules. It eliminates issues and questions for everyone. It may not be as simple for the commish at the start, but in the long run it is for everyone.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk