Need All You Commisioners For Help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Need All You Commisioners For Help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who gets S Davis?

Person who got lucky and picked him up originally
63%
Person 2 who picked him up the second time I opened up free agency
37%

Total votes : 19

Postby ISLAS3000 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:26 pm

Right now I told them to try and seek a trade where they both come out happy. But if it falters I'm going to have to make the decision. I was thinking about letting the league decide but decided not to because one of the guys knows the majority of the people and the other guy doesn't. So it would be unfair. Another idea my wife suggested was to be like a parent and just take the toy away from both of them and don't let anyone get him. The bidding war sounds good but Im not sure if they would like that since there is no price on a person to begin with. Maybe I can talk them into it. Or else I'm just going to have to flip a coin. Thanks everyone for your feed back!
ISLAS3000
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ISLAS3000 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:27 pm

But I am leaning towards the guy who got him 1st. (As you can tell Im still a iffy)
ISLAS3000
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:21 pm

First no doubt, reward them for knowing good fantasy information. Rather then a person just picking him up cause he seems to be getting picked up. Good luck on this one m8!
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DGroundhog » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:16 am

I don't think the first guy 'got lucky' and picked him up. He sounds like a very knowledgeable person and it isn't his fault the rest of the league (or the commish) couldn't get things right the first time.

After the second week all the bandwagon jumpers were looking to pick him up. The first guy actually put some faith in the guy before he showed he would perform well. Seems pretty clear who should own S Davis.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spodog » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:17 pm

lmcjaho wrote:Wow - that's a tough one...

Here's what I would do (YMMV) - offer the two owners who picked him up (1st and 2nd time) to have a bidding war with silent bids through email to you for one day - whomever bids the highest gets the player and all the cash bid goes to the prize pool...

That way both guys have an equal chance of getting him depending on how much he means ($$ value) to them...

Absolutely the first and best solution to this problem.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk