Betts or Canidate - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Betts or Canidate

Moderator: Football Moderators

Betts or Canidate

Postby AF » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:23 am

OK, first of all can I just say what the hell is every commentator so high on Betts for all of the sudden? "If Betts isn't starting next week there's something wrong". Ummmm, why's that? Betts did nothing last night that Canidate didn't do except get nearly twice as many carries. As a matter of fact, Canidate had more yards per carry and had 3 key runs in the 4th qrt (one called back for holding), 8yds, 5yds (1st down) and 8yds (holding). That drive stalled but it wasn't because Canidate couldn't move the ball for them. Then Betts comes in for the final drive and gets one 8yd or so run after Ramsey ran into FG range and everybody has a hard-on for him now. Sorry, I really wasn't impressed with either back and if anybody should start next week it should be Canidate because in my eyes Betts didn't win the job last night because he didn't out play Canidate.

Betts 18att 77yds 4.3avg
Canidate 10att 46yds 4.6avg

What do you guys think?
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:33 am

I think you are a mad Canidate owner.

Nobody should have went in thinking either guy was a lock to be the feature back. Tonight they went with the battering ram Betts. Other nights they may choose Canidate running it outside and dumping screen passes.

Neither will likely suffer thru the 'musical QB/WR/RB' offense that Spurrier ran last year. I think he realized how foolish he looked and will use both guys. Some games Betts will get more touches, other Canidate will. One guy may step forward, but nobody won or lost their starting jobs based on what happened.

What we saw was both #2 RB's looking like they will be getting regular carries. Betts may be 50/50 with Canidate. Jordan will be stealing more than short yardage and goal line carries as the season goes on.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby AF » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:40 am

I'm not upset, I just don't understand why everybody is so high on Betts. What's his face from ESPN said and I quote "If Betts isn't starting there's something wrong" All I really want to know is what the hell impressed him so much about Betts? Niether guy stood out at all in my mind from last night, they both just looked like average backs to me, nothing more nothing less. Besides, the only time Canidate would have a prayer of getting in my line-up would be during a bye week or god forbid somebody got hurt so at this point I'm really not worried about what he's doing but I would like to see some carries out of him incase someting happens.

Edit: It sure was nice to see some running out of the Redskins last night though after suffering through S.Davis as my #2 back last year :-t
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:29 am

I'm a Canidate owner also. What we need is somebody to Tanya Harding Bett's ass. :-)

Actually, I think both backs looked pretty good. More than that, I would have to say Washington's offensive line was the most responsible for Betts and Canidate's success. They created some holes that I could have run through. Washington is going to put up some serious yardage on the ground this year. Unfortunately it will probably be RBBC.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:44 pm

ud be best w/out either.... by the way yesterday went spurrier looked like hed switch off backs each drive... they will prob split 50/50 making both guys ok #3 or 4 backs at best.
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:46 pm

It will be interesting to see who will get the inside the 5 carries.

Either way..this is a nasty nasty predicament for owners.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk