mike anderson vs mewelde moore - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

mike anderson vs mewelde moore

Moderator: Football Moderators

mike anderson vs mewelde moore

Postby unknownbreaker » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:17 pm

mike anderson is now the starting RB for the broncos... and denver uses a running game

vikings prefer passing...

which RB will be more reliable and explosive?
unknownbreaker Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fishsauce9 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:51 pm

Tough one here.... Mike Anderson looked pretty good last nite, and if he continues to get 20+ carries a game, he's certainly more reliable than Moore. The biggest plus for Anderson is that he's also getting most of the goalline carries also. Even as a Moore owner, i like Anderson's potential more this year. However, if your league is a PPR, then i would say they're close to even.
fishsauce9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BigMusky » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:00 pm

Ruben Droughns gave way to Bell last year because he was a pansie in short yardage situations even though he was racking up 100+ yard games. Didnt Denver had the ball twice on the goalline during two possessions and proceded to watch Anderson get 6 carries with no TD? Plummer finally had to run it in on a fake because Anderson could not get it in. Remember two that this is the KC run defense which makes everyone look good. Sure they showed up the first two games, but the Raiders did not run the ball and the Jets were forced out the run so fast by the big early lead that this was their first real test...and failed. I would not get too excited about Anderson at this point.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:11 pm

just look at their head coaches...Shanny and Tice....FF nightmare :-P
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fishsauce9 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:14 pm

Definitely no need to get excited about either, but Anderson, IMO, is the safer option given the Minny offense and Moore's tendency to get hurt.
fishsauce9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:17 pm

umm...Mike Anderson missed the entire season last year and had rib cartilidge damage already this year. If anyones more injury prone its Anderson.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:28 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:umm...Mike Anderson missed the entire season last year and had rib cartilidge damage already this year. If anyones more injury prone its Anderson.

Agreed!

I think Moore is the best option MIN has and once they start winning with him in the mix, he'll remain the starter. The o-line seems to remain questionable, but only time will tell.

DEN....well, you just never know how they're going to play. Last night they played much better than the first 2 games and the true test will be to see if they keep it up. At least C-Pepp can throw the ball well, which will keep defenses honest and allow Moore some running room. I can see defenses capitalizing on Plummer's penchant for inconsistency and limiting the effectiveness of the run.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fishsauce9 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:44 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:umm...Mike Anderson missed the entire season last year and had rib cartilidge damage already this year. If anyones more injury prone its Anderson.

He also played through the rib injury to get 100 yds and a TD. I dunno if i've ever seen Moore play through an injury.
fishsauce9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:09 pm

that happend 2 weeks ago. He has said that he was feeling pretty good for the monday night game. He had even talked about taking off the flack jacket. were splitting hairs here though. I think both of them have equal value right now. I have both in a ppr league and am shopping Anderson around for a wr. I would much rather have moore in my situation.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fishsauce9 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:16 pm

Yeah, same value in a PPR. As Vikings fan, i'm just so pessimistic about their offense. Granted they beat up on NO, but that win was hardly impressive.
fishsauce9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk