Deshaun Foster. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deshaun Foster.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Deshaun Foster.

Postby bones8 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:30 am

Why is this guy getting no love......he was the best back in the draft his year....he's 100% healthy...and Del Rio is supposedly drooling at his potential....Davis and he might share more of the Rb duties in CAR than you think....i'm telling you Desahun Foster and not O.Smith is going to be the breakout sleeper this year......8 TD's 4 rushing and 4 recieving......Davis will disappoint this year beacuse he's a little slow and defenses are going to stack it big time agianst him.....if he's out there PICK UP FOSTER....you won't regret it.
bones8
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:40 am

He is NOT fully healthy. He is only 1 yr removed from major knee surgery.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:37 pm

Bones, sounds like your RB's are "bone dry". I would stop california dreaming for Foster to breakout and make a trade for a RB. Stephen Davis will rule Panther land this year.

Friendliness: %

re:

Postby Scania22 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:37 pm

Davis will disappoint this year beacuse he's a little slow and defenses are going to stack it big time agianst him

S. Davis is a workhorse and the Carolina line is massive. I'd be very suprised if he disappoints.

I mean .. lets look at the facts ... this team somehow got nearly 1200 yards and 12 td's combined out of Lamar Smith and Dee Brown last year! Are those 2 even in the league anymore?!
Scania22

Friendliness: %

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:46 pm

What they said, Davis is a stud. If I were looking for a rookie sleeper RB not named Smith, I'd look at Fargas. He had an awsome preseason and will actually see some PT. Look out!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby GreenBay4Life » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:59 pm

First of all if you have some inside info from a friend how come you cant even get the coach right? The coach is not del rio its FOX and last i checked how many preseason games did foster play in uhh none. so i dont think this guy is going to come right out and get 10 touches a game this year. the only way he sees the field is if davis needs a break.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby AF » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:02 pm

One thing that isn't going to help Davis any is that D's will be able to cheat the run against the Carolina O, but Davis is going to be the guy in Carolina. He may be getting older but he is still a solid dependable NFL RB. I would be surrprised if he didn't get 80% of the carries week in and week out.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:19 pm

GreenBay4Life wrote: and last i checked how many preseason games did foster play in uhh none. so i dont think this guy is going to come right out and get 10 touches a game this year. the only way he sees the field is if davis needs a break.
Ummm. He did play in the last preseason game. Also here's the latest news on him:

News and Notes

Sep 4 KFFL has learned the Carolina Panthers have moved RB DeShaun Foster (knee) up the depth chart, listing him as No. 2 behind starter Stephen Davis for Week 1. He's expected to play a significant role.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby mtarail » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:01 pm

I think Davis is gonna rule things this year. He's been drooling for a team that would focus on running for awhile.

As for Foster, he's my boy and all being that he's from UCLA, but he had a bad case of fumblitis in college.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk