Ashley Lelie. Too soon to worry? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ashley Lelie. Too soon to worry?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ashley Lelie. Too soon to worry?

Postby kevininvegas » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:36 pm

I realy thought Lelie would have a great year this year. I thought he had the potential to be a top ten receiver or better. It may be a little to late to worry, but it seems that Plummer is incapable of throwing the deep ball. Plummer under threw a wide open Lelie in the end zone last night, and he did it twice in week one. Is this going to be par for the course or do other Lelie owners feel that the worm will turn, and the Tds wil come. I may be venting a little, but if you could watch any of the Denver games on a regular basis it would shock you how many times Lelie get's open on deep routes with nothing to show for it.

Thanks Kevin
kevininvegas
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:39 pm

Lelie won't get top 10 numbers, but he'll turn it around. I'd try buying low on him if I didnt have him.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:40 pm

yeah i watched about half of the game last night. Lelie got a few catches but it still looks like Plummer feels more cofident with Smith. I thought there might be a changing of the guard this year but it still looks like Lelie is the second option. I did see one time where Lelie got wide open but Plummer overthrew him. Lelie had 10 feet of seperation and Plummer couldnt get him the ball.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:20 pm

Lelie is looking more and more like Donte Stallworth and Tyrone Calico by the minute...

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby benjapage » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:22 pm

if smith misses time with the concussion, you might get to see lelie step up.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:47 pm

benjapage wrote:if smith misses time with the concussion, you might get to see lelie step up.

b

Valid point you got there. I would still like to get rid of Lelie though, he is giving me some bad vibes man.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tomkatt » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:39 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:
benjapage wrote:if smith misses time with the concussion, you might get to see lelie step up.

b

Valid point you got there. I would still like to get rid of Lelie though, he is giving me some bad vibes man.

The one that is giving me the bad vibes is Jake the Fake. Everytime ol Ash gets open, Jake fires it 10 yards over his head or 15 yards behind him. Pissed me off royally watching the game last night. :-t
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:55 pm

Start Ashley Lelie when he's at home and sit him when he's on the road. It's that simple.

Lelie's value lies almost entirely on his routes 30+ yards down the field. Definition of the boom or bust player, especially in leagues that reward long TDs. I think he had the most plays over 40 yards last year with something like 20 yards per catch 8-o , almost all of his big plays came at home. Must be the crowd or the thin air that helps him somehow, and he just seems to have a knack for makign big plays at mile high.
----

Without the long bomb, Lelie is not a very good WR. He doesn't run routes very well, his hands are mediocre at best, and he doesn't break tackles or catch well in traffic. Start him every week and you could end up with 2/10/0 or 3/70/1.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby moonhead » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:03 pm

i'm pretty tired of waiting on ashley lelie. i've owned him for the last 3 years and each year i thought man, this guy is going to break out. he's just so fast, i don't know how he doesn't get open more. i'm about to drop him for joey galloway...at least that guy is getting in the endzone.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:05 pm

At least Lelie gets some carries. Haha he has more rushing yards this season than Jamal Lewis.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Next

Return to Football Talk