Ashley Lelie. Too soon to worry? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ashley Lelie. Too soon to worry?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby iloveny18 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:22 pm

well I got to say that this IS the week that lelie gets back on track. Why? Because i'm benching him of course [for rob furgy], so as usual the wr I decide to bench for my 3rd spot will have the better day
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevininvegas » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:27 pm

My contention is Lelie is getting open, and Plummer is not getting him the ball. Lelie had a very solid year last year, especially in Leagues that award slightly more points for longer Td's which mine does. I watch nearly all of the Broncos game's and there are several oporunites in each game to get him the long ball. The reason I keep starting him , and I am sure other owners do as well is it is very enticing to keep hoping for those long Td's that seem just within our grasp such as the stretch of games Bennet had last year.
kevininvegas
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:34 pm

kevininvegas wrote:My contention is Lelie is getting open, and Plummer is not getting him the ball. Lelie had a very solid year last year, especially in Leagues that award slightly more points for longer Td's which mine does. I watch nearly all of the Broncos game's and there are several oporunites in each game to get him the long ball. The reason I keep starting him , and I am sure other owners do as well is it is very enticing to keep hoping for those long Td's that seem just within our grasp such as the stretch of games Bennet had last year.

Lelie could have had at least 2 TDs in week 1, but he played a very poor game. It's only been 3 games, Lelie still has time to get it together. That said, I would place his ass on the bench this week @Jacksonville. Denver is gonna look bad in this game.. Their offense in general and specifically the running game struggles in the Florida heat.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Challie » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:57 pm

The title is "To soon to worry." YES, worry now, but don't panic. Trade him now while you might get something for him, don't wait til you couldn't trade him for a tube of Sportscreme or Brooks Bollinger.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Dude » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:29 pm

SniperShot wrote:At least Lelie gets some carries. Haha he has more rushing yards this season than Jamal Lewis.

That simply chafes my soul.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:57 pm

I never once worried about him. Cause I avoid him like the plague. Owners shouldn't worry, they should simply dump him and get sammy morris or santana moss, or any of the NE WR's.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:56 pm

i already dropped his pansy ass
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby rygamer » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:18 pm

I dropped him. S. Moss was available.
EAGLES ARE GOING BACK!
rygamer