Yahoo Fantasy Player!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo Fantasy Player!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo Fantasy Player!!

Postby Farmboy12 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:59 am

Those of you in a Yahoo league, could you please enlighten me as to how the waiver priority is determined. I think it starts with draft order, but after people start making moves I know it changes. I was looking at the waiver priority in my league and it made no sense what so ever. Please Help!
Farmboy12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fim32 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:18 pm

as far as i know, the waiver priority is initially determined by the draft order (but in reverse, i think). then, everytime you pull someone off the waiver wire, you move to the end of the line.

it rotates that way the whole season, so if you got the last waived player, you have the worst chance of getting the next one.

check it: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/football/frules/frules-13.html

----------------------------------------------
qb - favre (maddox)
rb - portis, james (dunn)
wr - moulds, k.johnson, rogers (streets)
te - gonzo (ricks)
k - akers
d - o'neal, r.barber, t.spikes (freeney)
fim32
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Shitney™ » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:20 pm

well yes, draft order in reverse to start.

if an owner then claims a player off waivers he goes to the back of the line and everyone else moves up.
Shitney™
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtarail » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:08 pm

I was wondering about this too. The way you guys described it how it works in baseball, but--well put it like this. At the end of the draft I had an 8 in waiver priority (12 team league). 8 guys made waiver moves and I didn't make any, so I should be no lower than 4th in waiver priority, right? Wrong. I'm still at 8. I asked the commissioner about this and he didn't know what was going on either (but was psyched because he had the #1 waiver.) The only thing I can figure is tht you can pick up and drop players BEFORE the season starts without the moves effecting your priority. So if the next waiver move doesn't change the priority situation, I'll have NO IDEA how you change waiver priority in Yahoo football.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jeru » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:29 pm

The waiver priority in Yahoo football leagues works exactly the same as in Yahoo baseball leagues.

When you say 8 people claimed players off waivers in front of you, are you sure they were actually off waivers and not from free agents? Every league has a waiver period, usually 2 or 3 days. All undrafted players right after the draft, any player that's dropped or any new player added to the game goes to waivers, and they can be claimed from waivers based on waiver priority. However, after the waiver waiting period clears, they become free agents and anyone can get them at any time without burning waiver priority.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby hawksfan896 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:26 pm

Actually, waiver wire priority is one of the many things the commissioner of your league has control over (if it's Fantasy Plus). I believe the commish can set it so it rotates every week, goes in reverse order of standings, or goes in reverse order of standings but rotates you to the end of the list when you make an acquisition. There might be one more option too, but most leagues go with reverse order with rotation.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby mtarail » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:37 pm

Thanks for the info. I think it must have been free agency acquisitions instead of WW acquisitions that kept the order more or less the same. I think my baseball league put you at the bottom of WW priority regardless of waiver pickups or free agency...
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mudd » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:53 pm

You don't need the plus version to have waiver control. I commish a yahoo league, and you can set it all up when you are starting the league.

I hate waivers though, so it's first come first serve in my league. ;-D
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:02 pm

Actually as a very frequent WW trader, please be aware that it is my experience that priorities only really matter in Week 1 and 2 when most of the bad decisions to dump players is made. After that priorities rarely are an issue

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk