Will the 49ers' recievers continue to produce? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will the 49ers' recievers continue to produce?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:49 pm

iloveny18 wrote:well battle's on the WW. but my question is, correct me if i'm wrong, but battle's the #2 reciever on SF. Is he constantly the #2, meaning does he play all the time, or does he get taken out sometimes for someone like morton/woods?
Actually Battle plays the same position as Jerry Rice and TO used to, the "Z" position. Lloyd would technically play the same position as Morton, that being said, Morton's really only seeing time as the 3rd WR in 3WR sets. For all intents and purposes, Battle is the #1 in SF.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby iloveny18 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:31 am

tomkatt wrote:
iloveny18 wrote:well battle's on the WW. but my question is, correct me if i'm wrong, but battle's the #2 reciever on SF. Is he constantly the #2, meaning does he play all the time, or does he get taken out sometimes for someone like morton/woods?

I believe Rashaun Woods was placed on I.R.

yeah, I just saw that. What a waste so far.....
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Guru » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:08 am

Remember Lloyd is in his 3rd year and is primed for a big year.

Lloyd has more potential then Battle. But Battle will probably be more consistent week to week.

It really depends on what your trying to get out of them.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:40 am

scsi1 wrote:The key is Rattay.

I have to agree with scsi1 on that. Rattay has been able to put together some pretty good games in the past, when he has been able to stay healthy. So as long as he is the guy in the pocket right now, I believe you will still see the receivers in SF continue to produce (in the right matchups).

Of the two, I would have to go with Battle. Lloyd will be erratic, and you never know who you are going to get. As a "bye week" fill in (I would hope that this is all you would need a SF WR for) you should be able to squeeze out a reasonable amount of points from Battle with more consistency.

As for the contract year myth, I wouldn't buy it with Lloyd. The two guys that were mentioned (Muhammed, and Boston) they were able to post those numbers because they were the ONLY options for their respective teams. And being a WR, you are only going to get as many catches as the QB throws your way. Anyway, this Contract year stuff can fill it's own post, so I will leave it at that.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:27 am

nice post SC. ;-D

I was wondering if anyone was going to comment about the contract year myth.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:02 pm

I don't know about the contract myth, but both receivers are in their 3rd year of the NFL.

I know how a lot of you like to ponder the 3rd year WR's.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:14 pm

The Guru wrote:Remember Lloyd is in his 3rd year and is primed for a big year.

Lloyd has more potential then Battle. But Battle will probably be more consistent week to week.

It really depends on what your trying to get out of them.
ProKrastinate stole my thunder a bit. Both are in their third year correct. It's also a pretty big myth about the 3rd year being a magical year for a WR to break out.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk