what in the world?!?!?!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

what in the world?!?!?!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

what in the world?!?!?!?!

Postby Jscupa » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:27 pm

steve smith has one great game and all these people are trying to tell me he better then any other wr in the league besides T.O. and Moss

what in the world? is it just me? but I think its crazy to mention steve smith even in the top 8 of the wrs in the nfl

this guy is actually trying to tell me steve smith is better then Chad johnson.. even though CJ had put up 3 1000+ seasons ( smith has one).. and CJ put up 2 90+ reception seasons..(smith has NONE)

please tell me its not just me who thinks this
QB: B.leftwhich, C.Palmer, brunell
RB: A.Green, C. Dillion, droughons, M.moore, Q. Griffin, bell
WR: C.Johnson, D.Jackson, A.toomer, B.Llyod
TE: wiggins, B.Franks, L.J. Smith
K: Kristie
Def: Redskins, bills
Jscupa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:29 pm

scoop, you're on point. steve smith doesn't remotely approach the talent or accomplishments of chad johnson.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:30 pm

top 5, no. top 10, he very well deserves consideration.

Those people are really just going all out to try and sell high on him. I usually tell those people I appreciate their enthusiasm and what they're trying to do, but that we both know who is the better player, and that I'm keeping him.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby josebach » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:40 pm

I had steve smith around #8 or #9 overall before the season started. Look at what Muhammad did last year in the same position that Smith is in. Considering Muhammad was the #2 guy with Smith in the line-up, I don't think it's at all unrealistic to think Smith will be a top 10 or better wide receiver this year.

Unfortunately, I didn't get him.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Jscupa » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:44 pm

I never said he couldnt be top 10
I just dont think he is anywhere near as good as chad johnson,marvin harrison.. etc. etc..
QB: B.leftwhich, C.Palmer, brunell
RB: A.Green, C. Dillion, droughons, M.moore, Q. Griffin, bell
WR: C.Johnson, D.Jackson, A.toomer, B.Llyod
TE: wiggins, B.Franks, L.J. Smith
K: Kristie
Def: Redskins, bills
Jscupa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

why not?

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:57 pm

why cant he be in the top 5? look what moose did. Every year someone else steps up and gets in the top 5. Last year it was javon walker. There is no reason why smith cant be top 5. moss, TO, holt, johnson. those are def top 4's. I can see smith hanging with anyone else in the nfl.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wesley Walker » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:08 pm

It's all about cinsistency. 5 TDs, no 12 TDs in one game is great. It's enough to carry a fantasy team to a win during a week. But a championship? No.

Week in, week out solid performances, with TDs many weeks, or most weeks -- that is what a fantasy WR should be. Smith could be that, but isn't that yet.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby FatFoot » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:20 pm

Well, it's all speculative, because this is the first year that he's been the real primary first look guy. Chad has that. Moss has that. T.O. has that. We can only speculate on what he will do. But this isn't his first great week this year. Week 1 and week 3 were both great weeks, if I recall correctly. I know he had 2 good ones.

I've got Smith and TO and we start 3. My #3 is Roy Williams or Muhsin, and I feel good about that, because I can safely trade either of those guys and still have solid production, based off of just TO and Smith.

If he ends the year with better numbers than Moss or Johnson, he's still not going to get credit for being on their level. Fine by me. Let him go below the radar, for all I care.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby petedog9 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:20 pm

If he keeps getting the looks and does something with them then I see no reason why he cannot be a top 5 guy. He is still one of the fastest wrs in the league. People put Marvin up there becuae of name. Marvin is great but he has lacked consitancy over the past year with the emergance of Wayne and Stokeley. In my league last year Wayne had more points then Marvin.... If the current pattern of the first 3 weeks keeps up, Smith is a top 5 wr without doubt....Its all about opportunity and he seems to get more then anyone.....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:43 pm

Sounds like a person that is sour cause he didnt draft him, well what can you do right?
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk