Reggie Wayne - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Wayne

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reggie Wayne

Postby Saigon » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:01 am

With Indianapolis using their defense and running game to control the ball this year, does R. Wayne have any value? Do you think he is going to turn things around? I’m wondering if he is a good buy low candidate, or if he is waiver wire material?
Eli, Carr
S Jackson, C Taylor, J Lewis, D Williams
C Chambers, R Williams, R Brown, A Bryant, M Jones, M Booker
K Winslow
S Graham
Den, Min
Saigon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BeefSandwiches » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:33 am

He's definitely not WW material, but you might be able get him cheap. Most people haven't lost faith in the Indy O just yet, so if can get him cheaply go for it.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:17 am

His price, as well as Marvin Harrison's price should be way down by now. If you're a gambling man, and want to bet on Wayne having a really bad (like <50 yards no TDs) day against Tennessee, then his price should be an absolute steal.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gnu314 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:24 am

What do you think a good price would be for buying Marvelous right now? I didn't realize how bad his season has been so far, he might be the BEST buy low guy at the moment.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:32 am

Gnu314 wrote:What do you think a good price would be for buying Marvelous right now? I didn't realize how bad his season has been so far, he might be the BEST buy low guy at the moment.

Depends on lots of things.

- He was overrated as a 2nd rd pick and should have only come in as the 5th best fantasy WR even before the season's slow start. He's been declining statistically for a few years now.

- Would you trade him for guys ranked lower than him who could easily continue to outperform him:
SSmith
Ward
JSmith
DJax

or do you think his pricetag has fallen so far that you can get him for Boldin, Bennett, Clayton, Driver, Coles, etc...
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BeefSandwiches » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:35 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:- Would you trade him for guys ranked lower than him who could easily continue to outperform him:
SSmith
Ward
JSmith
DJax

or do you think his pricetag has fallen so far that you can get him for Boldin, Bennett, Clayton, Driver, Coles, etc...

If I had him, I would take Ward, D-Jax or Steve Smith for him but I don't know if I would take any of the others listed. Statistically he may be worth it, but I think his name alone can get you a better deal.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:35 am

Gnu314 wrote:What do you think a good price would be for buying Marvelous right now? I didn't realize how bad his season has been so far, he might be the BEST buy low guy at the moment.

Most people think Marvin will bounce back, and that's a pretty safe bet, so I don't think you are going to get too many people willing to deal him for drastically low prices....

ALTHOUGH, he did get traded straight up for Antonio Gates in one of my leagues, recently....

Personally, if I had Willie Parker right now, I might be trying to work a deal for Marvin Harrison....

You might be able to put together a deal like this:

Harrison and Kevin Jones

for

Santana Moss and Willie Parker

In my mind, this would be a classic "sell high / buy low" move that could pay big dividends by the end of the year....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Saigon » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:16 pm

bump
Eli, Carr
S Jackson, C Taylor, J Lewis, D Williams
C Chambers, R Williams, R Brown, A Bryant, M Jones, M Booker
K Winslow
S Graham
Den, Min
Saigon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby caneblood » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:36 pm

I just traded away Stephen Davis and Nate Burleson for Willie Parker and Reggie Wayne.

My backfield is stacked so I probably would never have used Davis and won't use Parker. So, for me it was basically Burleson for Wayne.

Indianapolis has a nice stretch here against some really weak defenses so I am hoping that Wayne puts together a few nice weeks and I can move him for better value. Indy does finish the season against SD and Seattle so he could be pretty good in the playoffs.
caneblood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby benjapage » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:26 pm

well, i've offered fwp for wayne...turned down. then i offered thomas jones for wayne...turned down. now, this just could be a stubborn owner, but to me, i'm taking from this that his value is still pretty high. i'm supposing this is residual from last year's performance.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk