Reggie Wayne - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Wayne

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:53 pm

Wayne's value may be down a bit but he had a productive game last week (6 rec, 90+ yards or so if memory serves).

I doubt any Wayne owners are panicking just yet.
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:31 pm

I wouldn't sweat Wayne just yet. Would I try and buy low, yes I would. That offense is going to come around. They've got 4 cupcake games in a row here coming up. He's still the preeminent deep threat on the team and you know it's just a matter of time before the whole passing game comes around.

Will it be like last year? No, but he should still post over 1000yds. and around 7 TDs methinks.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:54 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Gnu314 wrote:What do you think a good price would be for buying Marvelous right now? I didn't realize how bad his season has been so far, he might be the BEST buy low guy at the moment.

Most people think Marvin will bounce back, and that's a pretty safe bet, so I don't think you are going to get too many people willing to deal him for drastically low prices....

ALTHOUGH, he did get traded straight up for Antonio Gates in one of my leagues, recently....

Personally, if I had Willie Parker right now, I might be trying to work a deal for Marvin Harrison....

You might be able to put together a deal like this:

Harrison and Kevin Jones

for

Santana Moss and Willie Parker

In my mind, this would be a classic "sell high / buy low" move that could pay big dividends by the end of the year....

if you could pull off that trade you'd be a master of the sweet talk. I think most people realize that santana hasn't gotten a lot of balls thrown his way, just a bunch of deep ones. I'd say santana isn't gonna get you much as everyone knows he's overperforming. Parker is a diff story. If you can wait two weeks and he has a good game he will be a def. sell high, but it'll be hard to trade him on his bye week.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Gnu314 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:32 pm

I answered my own question, assuming it is approved (which it should be), I traded Djax and LJ for Harrison. I needed the roster space anyway.

On to the question at hand, seeing as I didn't answer it before, I think Wayne will be fine but his numbers will be down. I think he will continue to be a solid number 3, and should eek in as a great number 2 but not the number 1 that most people seemed to think he could be. I'm a little more confident than the previous poster and think that he could get up around 1100-1200 and 9tds still which is solid.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Saigon » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:48 pm

bump
Eli, Carr
S Jackson, C Taylor, J Lewis, D Williams
C Chambers, R Williams, R Brown, A Bryant, M Jones, M Booker
K Winslow
S Graham
Den, Min
Saigon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:53 pm

Saigon wrote:bump

Why do you keep bumping this, what more do you want to know?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk