Seattle vs Washington? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Seattle vs Washington?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Seattle vs Washington?

Postby octagon999 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:47 am

How bad do you think Seattle is going to work over Washington this week? Does Alexander have a chance of doing to them, what he did this last week?

What are Washington's defensive strengths and weaknesses?

Thank you for any insights.

PS Hope this is the right forum.
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:51 am

Alexander will NOT do what he did last week.... Seattle is likely to win that game, but they will win it by picking on Walt Harris, who may be less than 100% on a bum calf.... If Harris can't go, then Carlos Rogers will get the start, and I don't like the prospect of a rookie corner going up against Hasselbeck and company.... Look for Bobby Engram or Joe Jurevicious to have a big day.....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:53 am

id say 80-100 (possibly a little generous. he did ok agianst the jags for 73 so... )and a possible touch (longshot but possible). washington is very good against the run. they are number 2 against the rush so far (65.5 ypg) but they gave up a td to jones in weeek one so its possible.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:52 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Alexander will NOT do what he did last week.... Seattle is likely to win that game, but they will win it by picking on Walt Harris, who may be less than 100% on a bum calf.... If Harris can't go, then Carlos Rogers will get the start, and I don't like the prospect of a rookie corner going up against Hasselbeck and company.... Look for Bobby Engram or Joe Jurevicious to have a big day.....

GRRRRR, you really bum me out.

logan wrote:id say 80-100 (possibly a little generous. he did ok agianst the jags for 73 so... )and a possible touch (longshot but possible). washington is very good against the run. they are number 2 against the rush so far (65.5 ypg) but they gave up a td to jones in weeek one so its possible.

That was a crap TD due to a fumbled kick off. Skins D will hold Seatle's O in check. However will the O be abel to put up any numbers is the question. I'm not sure how Seatle fares against the run or pass cause I don't have them fancy formulas that someone usually posts. But, we did kick their butt last season and not much has changed this season, except for a more open and down field Offense. Homer rant complete! ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:02 am

Seahawks win 59 - 12.

Alexander gets 220 and 5TDs in the first half....then sits.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Seattle vs Washington?

Postby Heavyg25 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:13 am

octagon999 wrote:How bad do you think Seattle is going to work over Washington this week? Does Alexander have a chance of doing to them, what he did this last week?

What are Washington's defensive strengths and weaknesses?

Thank you for any insights.

PS Hope this is the right forum.

Depends on which Seattle team shows up. On paper Washington shouldn't have a chance but if the team shows up that likes to get a big lead and then slack off at the end then Washington has the chance to steal it like they did to Dallas a couple weeks ago. All I got to say is that they better get their backup ready because for two weeks in a row Seattle's D has put the hurt on the opposing teams starting QB.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:59 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Seahawks win 59 - 12.

Alexander gets 220 and 5TDs in the first half....then sits.
I would be very suprised if the Seahawks score more than 2 TD's let alone 5 rushing hahaha.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby biju » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:33 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Alexander will NOT do what he did last week.... Seattle is likely to win that game, but they will win it by picking on Walt Harris, who may be less than 100% on a bum calf.... If Harris can't go, then Carlos Rogers will get the start, and I don't like the prospect of a rookie corner going up against Hasselbeck and company.... Look for Bobby Engram or Joe Jurevicious to have a big day.....

What do you expect the Redskins to do when they have the ball? Seattle's run D has looked better this year but they'll be up against Portis.

I guess I'm a little nervous as well because we've been up early in two of the games and teams have been forced to pass the ball instead of test the run D. If the Redskins keep close we might have problems with Portis...if the Skins have their running game together that is.

:-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:36 am

Washington always...and I mean ALWAYS seems to have our number.

I hate seeing them on the schedule.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Heavyg25 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:59 am

biju wrote:

What do you expect the Redskins to do when they have the ball? Seattle's run D has looked better this year but they'll be up against Portis.

I guess I'm a little nervous as well because we've been up early in two of the games and teams have been forced to pass the ball instead of test the run D. If the Redskins keep close we might have problems with Portis...if the Skins have their running game together that is.

:-o

You underestimate the run D and are getting better now that they have been playing together a few games. I think they are doing very well considering that there is only 1 returning starter from last years front 7.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting