Will Gore become the full time back in SF? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Gore become the full time back in SF?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: response

Postby footballboy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:51 pm

bruuno2 wrote:Did any of you see the game? Gore,the fragile back he is,went limping off in the fourth quarter and didn't return, to my satisfaction ;-D

Also - Barlow had a long run called back on a penalty. If the 9ers keep passing well, Barlow will come around and be a decent back.
Ravens Rule!
footballboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:08 pm

proKrastinate wrote:you can never take away a players long run, because it happens all the time. more than likely quite a few players every week will get a long run that increases their stats. I've come to accept long runs as normality when considering how an RB is doing.

I agree. I never understood people taking away a RBs longest run, because those people will never go through and throw out any place where the RB got hit in the backfield and never had a chance of gaining yards. If you're going to take out outliers on one end, you should do both.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stomperrob » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:41 am

maddog60 wrote:
proKrastinate wrote:you can never take away a players long run, because it happens all the time. more than likely quite a few players every week will get a long run that increases their stats. I've come to accept long runs as normality when considering how an RB is doing.

I agree. I never understood people taking away a RBs longest run, because those people will never go through and throw out any place where the RB got hit in the backfield and never had a chance of gaining yards. If you're going to take out outliers on one end, you should do both.

I agree also - it doesn't make any more sense than saying "if you take away those short runs, he's really a great runner:.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to Football Talk