Most annoying thing about the NFL? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Most annoying thing about the NFL?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:37 pm

The tuck rule.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:38 am

black_hawk8888 wrote:Andy Reid is sexy compared to Joe Theismann. The thing I hate most about the NFL is that they feel we need analysis on things we are already seeing with our own eyes.

You know who I think is sexy? Mike Sherman. THAT HAIR! So svelt.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:19 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:The announcers are a good call. Madden is a joke at this point.

To stem from that - I hate it when announcers try and correlate meaningless statistics to prove or make a point.

So much disinformation is gonna drive me batty one day.

When I read the title to this thread Madden came right to mind. This guy has been mailing it in for a decade and the hype machine (Networks) have no idea. The guy is known more now for a video game, a bus, and a friggin' Turdunken. Or whatever bastardized name for the genetically disfigured Turkey. Most people don't even know that he used to be a coach. He used to know football. That was back when Bo knew football, now all he knows is...well, I'll have to get back to you.

And I hate that the talking heads all have to tell you their prepared crap regardless of what is happening on the field.

As for the guy who wanted the fat cheerleaders 'cause that'd be funny. There are lots of things in life that would be funny to see, but are just wrong.

Chubleaders is just wrong.

Kinda like Michelle Tafoya.(sp)

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Birderdude » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:50 pm

I hate to see Jerry Jones big old scary face-lifted mug on my TV. The thought of him in a hot tub shaped like Texas stadium makes it even worse. :-t
Birderdude
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Where's Ryan Leaf? » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:14 pm

The commercial breaks are just getting ridiculous. Prekickoff -- Comercial; after the kickoff -- commercial. Oh, wait there was flag -- "we'll be right back to find out what that's for." Jesus, it seems like this year has gotten worse. Maybe they took all the commercials they were supposed to air during hockey last year and stuck them in our football games.

It's like MTV took over the NFL.
"I love me some me"
Where's Ryan Leaf?
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 1crzydmnd » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:02 pm

The announcers for sure. If I hear Paul Maguire say "Watch this!" one more time, I'm going to frickin' pull the rest of my hair out. I can clearly see the screen Paulie boy!

And if a damn weather notification keeps running all day where I can't see stats or score updates....I'm going to have to break down and buy Sunday ticket.
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby spodog » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:14 pm

The most annoying thing about the NFL is when Mike Tice's brain falls out of it's pod:

spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:10 pm

moochman wrote:
As for the guy who wanted the fat cheerleaders 'cause that'd be funny. There are lots of things in life that would be funny to see, but are just wrong.

LOL!! You just wanted to say "Chubleaders", didn't ya'!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:38 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
moochman wrote:

LOL!! You just wanted to say "Chubleaders", didn't ya'!

Well, since ESPN found Sam Ryan, that problem was solved. Now they have her parading the MNF fields as the sideline reporter on ABC.

They have also made her look hideous due to making her have way too much makeup. :-t

For the record, I like the mutant turkey. :-)

Before/after kickoff commercials is the absolute worst thing in the NFL, hands down. Why can't they just have one huge commercial break and show the kickoff in a box in the corner of the screen? That would solve both problems.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Always a winner » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:38 pm

Here's another vote for the announcers. I just don't get it. Compare the commentary of the TV announcers to your local radio announcer and there's no comparison. Sure, it's gotta be different because the radio announcer has to convey EVERYTHING about the game, but he always is more intelligent and doesn't put his foot in his mouth. How can one local guy call a better game than two or three guys on TV who get paid much more?
Always a winner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk