Most annoying thing about the NFL? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Most annoying thing about the NFL?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:59 pm

deadlyshaolin wrote:I also concur.

And I think fat cheerleaders are definitely out.

How about teams with NO cheerleaders at all, like the Bears? Bad enough we have to watch the team lose, there's not even any cheerleaders to look at. Bring back the Honey Bears I say.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Biguns » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:08 pm

iadd dan dierdorf to the hated announcers category, he pisses me off more than even paul maguire
Last edited by Biguns on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IF YOU AIN'T FIRST YOUR LAST
- RICKY BOBBY
Biguns
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bagobonez » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:17 pm

This question is easy. Commercials. There are just far too many of them. In a 3 hour game, you're watching about an hour and a half of commercials. That is absolutely ridiculous. It seems to get worse every year too. It's like there's a commercial break after every single play. It's getting to the point where it's almost unwatchable. I think I may start taping the games and watching them later so i can skip commercials. would save me like an hour of my day.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dukes and Terps » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:11 pm

#1 - Wayyy too many commercials, especially on Monday night when there isnt another game to switch to.

#1a- Announcers who will spend 3 hours of a football game literally orally fellating Peyton Manning, Brett Farve, or Tom Brady. Ok, we get it, these guys are good at football. I dont need to know that they would like to make a pitcher of lemonade out of their used socks and drink it out of their protective cup. Worst at this.... clearly Joe Theisman and Paul Maguire - absolutely atrocious.

#2 - Crappy home team television contracts forcing me to watch the Redskins vs Lions instead of the Chargers vs Oakland for example.

Standard NFL.com 12 team league
QB: Plummer, A.Brooks, T.Rattay
RB: LT, Steven Jackson, M.Anderson, L.Johnson, M.Moore
WR: R.Moss, D.Branch
TE: A.Gates
K: Wilkins
Def: Bears, Bengals
Dukes and Terps Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ngub12 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:34 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:I concur.

I also don't like fat coaches. I they they should lose weight.

yeah you should loose weight. ;-D

black_hawk8888 wrote:Andy Reid is sexy compared to Joe Theismann. The thing I hate most about the NFL is that they feel we need analysis on things we are already seeing with our own eyes.

Andy Reid is sexy next to a water buffalo
nah who am i kidding he's a fat load of crap

hey, his rediculously hot wife doesnt seem to think so. have you guys seen her?!
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bobby » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:49 pm

I agree with everyone who says commercials. :-°

My gawd, before the kickoff... commercials, after the kickoff ... commercials, someone is limping slowly off the field... commercials, timeout ... commercials, after the punt... commercials, play being reviewed, we'll be back right after these ... commercials. Ugh! Even between plays sometimes they remind you that Numb3rs or The Guardian or some other stupid show nobody watches is on next. Who cares, get back to the game dammit... :-t
bobby
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:05 pm

OK

Can't believe it has gotten this long without a discussion:

THE FACT THAT DIREC TV HAS A WORKING MONOPOLY ON GAMES

why in the world can I not buy games from my cable provider?

How much money are they losing? I would pay 20 bucks a week for most games -- if necessary. Or definitely 125-150 bucks a season.

Instead, when I lived in NY, had to juggle the eagles, jets, giants schedule, now in DC have to compare everything against the skins.

Why the hell can't I just buy the occasional game that isn't on tv? I've been luck this far, but the next three or four games necessitate a trip to the bar. I'd rather just spend 20 bucks and watch it. or whatever they charged really. if a fight only costs 50 bucks, why can't a game cost 15-20?
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Payne Dailey » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:47 pm

ngub12 wrote:hey, his rediculously hot wife doesnt seem to think so. have you guys seen her?!

Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AcesFull » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:49 pm

Pay per veiw football is just unamerican. Here in Nebraska they always end up with a couple cornhusker games a year on pay per view at $40 a pop. They will do it cause people will pay it.

Side note- If you want the Sunday Ticket you don't have to subscribe to the other directv stuff. That is product bundling and is illeagal. Of course they try to do it anyway, you just have to call them on it.
The Guru
Cutler, Schaub, Thigpen
Addai, Portis, Slaton, Rhodes, Ward
B Marshall, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, A. Bryant
Cooley, Boss
Prater
Dolphins, Vikings
AcesFull
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:52 pm

J2thez929 wrote:One more thing I dislike about the NFL - Games are only on Sundays and one Mon. I wish the NFL played everyday :-D

I agree. ;-D
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk