Most annoying thing about the NFL? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Most annoying thing about the NFL?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sappisgod » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:40 am

1. "Running into the kicker". What is that? Scrap that and just call roughing. If someone bumps into the punter/kicker AFTER the ball has already been kicked, WHATS THE BIG DEAL??

2. Not getting 4 games on Sunday afternoon. FOX and CBS both have a full slate of games at 3:00 and noon, so why is it that if the local team(who is on Fox in my area) is on CBS, I can't just get another game???

3. The extra week between the conference championships and the Super Bowl. The only anticipation it builds for me is to get the dang game over with so I don't have to hear ESPN tell me about how historic and incredible this matchup will be. And after all that, I have to deal with a 5 hour pre-game show, with nothing else on because it's Super Bowl Sunday. Great.

4. Why is it that every time the NFL has to book some type of entertainment, they always have to go with the opposite of what every NFL fan wants to see? I understand trying to bring in a new audience, but you're ----ing off the incredible following you already have!

5. Any WR who signals for a PI flag after every pass thrown his way. Since the NFL is so into making up new rules now, make this one: any whiny WR who does that without a legitimate gripe, the defense gets a free shot at.

And finally....

6. Just wondering, for one of the most lucrative sports businesses on the globe, could you squeeze one more penny out of it? Yeah, you could say I'm tired of the whole exclusive rights garbage. If I want all the games, I must switch television providers. If I want a video game, I have to buy Madden. Soon, if I want my NFL coverage on Sunday, I have to watch NBC. What's next, if I want to watch the NFL on Sundays, I have to whipe my butt with the NFL approved toilet paper? It's softer than the Kansas City Chiefs defense. Enough!!!
sappisgod
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pangbones » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:27 am

I can't stand all the commercials. Glad I have TIVO, and can fast forward through them. ;-D

All the announcers suck except Phil Simms, he knows his stuff, and I dont' mind when he is calling the game.

I hate the "inadvertant whistle" crap. That jobs a team at least once a week.

I also don't like that all the games are on Sunday. They need to play on Saturdays too. Figure out a way to not take too much away from College football.

I can't stand it when a guy makes a tackle and starts doing all these little dances, like he just won the game. Do your job, and get your butt back in the huddle.

I also can't stand when a WR calls for a penalty flag after every incomplete pass.

The Patriots. Someone PLEASE beat the frickin Patriots!!! :-D
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:30 am

Yea, the product bndling is illegal -- but you still need the direc tv system and your place has to be able to "view" the southern hemisphere. A LOT of people are screwed with it.

And sunday ticket in a broader view is still pay per view, you just aren't paying a lot per game.

As a fan who isn't going to be able to live in the Philadelphia area for a while, i'd rather shell out and see it, than shell out and go to the bar, or simply not see it at all.

I think the unamerican thing is not giving the fans what they want. I know the nfl is focsed on building geographical fans, but I think fantasy has grown the sport viewership enough that we can dispense with that.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk