what's C.Mart's value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

what's C.Mart's value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

what's C.Mart's value?

Postby Bronco_ffc » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:51 pm

after last nights game what is c.martin's value in FF...it came as no suprise that he would lose the goaline carries, but the person in my league is kinda shocked and is shopping c.mart around, what is he worth?...ps he wants o.smith off my bench for c.mart is this a no-brainer??...thx for the advice
Bronco_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:28 pm

keep smith, he has more upside.

Friendliness: %

Postby Mudd » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:56 pm

i agree w/guest. I would keep Smith. I still think that C Mart will lose the starting job at some point this year. He definitely isn't going to get the goaline carries, and don't think he will rush for enough yards to be much of a fantasy player this year.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby superotto80 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:09 pm

i am a big jet fan and i would have to say dont give much for martin...the offense line did not look good last night....and i also agree that he will spilt alot of time with jordan...just for u guys know i think martin days with the jets are numbered he will be in dallas next yr
superotto80
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joester » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:32 pm

I think Martin stil has hope to have a decent year. The jets will realize that if martin does not touch the ball 25 times a game they are gonna get beat. Persoanlly i htink he will get more touches sooner than you think.
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby tjhksig » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:41 pm

I think he's no longer a viable 2nd back, and only an average #3. His value is about at Hambrick/Mack/Zereoue maybe. Once Pennington got hurt, I knew Martin would be in for a long year. Thank god I shipped him off w/ Booker for Moss. The other guy didn't even get to use him since it was a Thursday game, he got double screwed.......
tjhksig
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homeless » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:32 pm

LOL, if he had asked this question prior to last night 9 out of 10 poeple would be saying, C-Mart is good for a 1000+ yds and 7+ TDS, hell, C-Mart was talking about this being his best year EVER.

Dont go giving up on him and the jets yet, they screwed up big time last night, but C-Mart and the Jets will be back.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby terpfan » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:34 pm

Homeless wrote:LOL, if he had asked this question prior to last night 9 out of 10 poeple would be saying, C-Mart is good for a 1000+ yds and 7+ TDS, hell, C-Mart was talking about this being his best year EVER.

Dont go giving up on him and the jets yet, they screwed up big time last night, but C-Mart and the Jets will be back.

i agree, people are getting WAY to down on martin. i watched the run game closely and the skins run D actually looked better than martin looked bad, if u believe that. im lookin to trade for him as my #3 while his value is down the tubes.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mudd » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:36 pm

Homeless wrote:LOL, if he had asked this question prior to last night 9 out of 10 poeple would be saying, C-Mart is good for a 1000+ yds and 7+ TDS, hell, C-Mart was talking about this being his best year EVER.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11650&highlight=curtis+martin

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11633&highlight=curtis+martin

i haven't been to high on C Martin since last year. He killed me early in the year last year.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:03 pm

superotto80 wrote:i am a big jet fan and i would have to say dont give much for martin...the offense line did not look good last night....and i also agree that he will spilt alot of time with jordan...just for u guys know i think martin days with the jets are numbered he will be in dallas next yr

I think you are exactly right, and I think they want to see more of Jordan before next years draft. Jordan is a talented back. He didn't do much last night, but I think he is going to be a force next year, and if he gets used enough, it could happen this year.

I definitely can see C-Mart following Parcells and finishing up his career in a Cowboy uniform. Trades don't happen too often, but with Parcells involved and a previous history of C-Mart following him, it wouldn't shock me to see it happen this year.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk