Green Bay WR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Green Bay WR

Postby Red5 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:52 pm

Who has more upside for the rest of the year:

R Ferguson
or
A Chatman

So far both have 119 yds but Ferguson has 2 TD to Chatman's 1. I haven't seen the GB games, so I don't know how they're being used.
Red5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dabearsaregreat » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:58 pm

I picked up Ferguson but im thinking about dropping him for that Curtis guy from the rams. I'd like to know some opinions on Ferguson too
dabearsaregreat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:02 pm

I've liked Fergy all along and had him targeted as a sleeper. He's been doin real nice.

I picked up Ferguson but im thinking about dropping him for that Curtis guy from the rams. I'd like to know some opinions on Ferguson too

Why would you wan to drop. With walker out he's clearly making a name for himself. Franks banged up Favre is running out of options.
you should maybe look for someone else to drop to get curtis, if you can't think of anyone else, then you don't need him.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Budman_ffc » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:23 pm

I noticed that Ferguson, not Driver, moved into the spot previously occuppied by Walker. Since that time Ferguson has been targeted more often, has more catches and more TD's than Walker. My question is "Do you thing Ferguson is the new #1 in Green Bay?"
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Guru » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:01 pm

Budman_ffc wrote:I noticed that Ferguson, not Driver, moved into the spot previously occuppied by Walker. Since that time Ferguson has been targeted more often, has more catches and more TD's than Walker. My question is "Do you thing Ferguson is the new #1 in Green Bay?"

Fergy is playing the spot that Walker was playing? hmm...

You sure?

Because I remember reading that Sherman said Driver would move into Walker's spot, back when the injury first occured.

I haven't seen enough of any GB games to really notice though.

If your right that would be pretty big for Fergy owners.

Either way though GB WRs put up solid fantasy numbers, so there is no reason why Fergy can't continue to do what he is doing and have a very solid year.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Steve-o » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:37 pm

The Guru wrote:
Budman_ffc wrote:I noticed that Ferguson, not Driver, moved into the spot previously occuppied by Walker. Since that time Ferguson has been targeted more often, has more catches and more TD's than Walker. My question is "Do you thing Ferguson is the new #1 in Green Bay?"

Fergy is playing the spot that Walker was playing? hmm...

You sure?

Because I remember reading that Sherman said Driver would move into Walker's spot, back when the injury first occured.

Guru is correct. Driver moved over to Walker's spot and Ferguson stepped in. I don't know where Budman is getting his info, but I am 99% sure he is wrong.

Antonio Chatman is the #3 guy who burns down the field for long gains while Ferguson is more of a larger possession receiver. I have seen Driver targeted most often at the goal line, then Ferguson. If you are looking to who is more consistent on a weekly basis, it would have to be Ferguson. I drafted Ferguson in my 14 team league because of all the upside I think he has.
Steve-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Budman_ffc » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:15 pm

I swear that I read that, but after doing some research I admit I was in error....my bad.

WR Driver Leads From New Position
Jeff Fedotin, Packers.com - [Full Article]

WR Donald Driver will replace Walker -- or at least his position. Formerly a split end, Driver becomes the flanker or the feature position among the receivers. The Packers usually move the flanker around a little more than the split end and can use it to dictate coverages. Having played in the offense for seven years, Driver knows all of the positions. He scoffs at speculation that a position change will affect him.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk