Lost - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Lost

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lost

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:59 pm

Anyone watch the show Lost? I missed the season premiere and my TIVO didnt record it for some reason. Just wanted to know if i missed anything?

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:04 pm

They are going to replay the season premiere before the second episode tonight. It's on the hour before hand.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:53 pm

MadScott wrote:They are going to replay the season premiere before the second episode tonight. It's on the hour before hand.

Good deal, thanks for the heads up MS ;-D

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:19 pm

word. it's on right now.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby A2theIzzo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:22 pm

Yeah, this show is nothing much...just the best show EVER created. :-b :-b

God im addicted to this show. I can wait to see wut happends next. Here on the West Coast theres still about 2-3 more hours till it comes on..
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:31 am

I am also addicted to it. Great show. We tape it so that we can go back and check anything that we missed during the show, there are so many little things to pick on. It is one of the top shows EVER!!
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:38 am

i agree it is addicting, but this show pisses me off. how many times have the writers changed directions? it seems like the show is a bit disjointed at times. like they made the first 5 episodes and then...whoa everybody likes it...wtf do we do now? and then make something else up. it went from dinosaurs, to aliens, to other people, to fate, back to other people and fate...i just don't know what the writers were doing...whatever it was i want it. cough syrup maybe?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:04 am

Did anyone else think that yesterdays show was a disappointment? It was basically a rehash of the one they showed at 800 but in more detail. What really makes the show for me is the music, a perfect complation of music each week.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby The_Dude » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:25 am

A couple of thoughts about Lost, a show that I love...

i agree it is addicting, but this show pisses me off. how many times have the writers changed directions? it seems like the show is a bit disjointed at times. like they made the first 5 episodes and then...whoa everybody likes it...wtf do we do now? and then make something else up. it went from dinosaurs, to aliens, to other people, to fate, back to other people and fate...i just don't know what the writers were doing...whatever it was i want it. cough syrup maybe?

This is what I'm most worried about with this show. Are you an Alias fan? JJ Abrams created both shows, and Alias seasons 1 and 2 were freaking awesome because they were all about the chase for the unknown. You only sort of knew what was going on half the time and that made the show so damned addicting. But when it came to the payoff from an AMAZING season 2 cliffhanger, season 3 hacked up a hairball of crap.

Well, I'm a bit concerned that Lost will end up in the same place. Season 1 was amazing, using the same Abrams formula of building up so much unknown that you just HAVE to know what happens next. I think there are a lot of avenues to go down, but each require a story reset, something that will likely happen on Lost this season - I just hope it doesn't end up fizzling out like Alias because of bad payoff follow-through.

With regards to:

Did anyone else think that yesterdays show was a disappointment? It was basically a rehash of the one they showed at 800 but in more detail. What really makes the show for me is the music, a perfect complation of music each week.

Yes and no... it seemed to be that episodes 2.1 and 2.2 were conceived as one 2 hour premiere - seemed to me like they were edited into two shows. I would have preferred a re-edited two hour version of the first episode. But yes, ending at the same spot just from a different pov in the hatch was annoying!

And, the music rocks... I'm still so into this show - way better than almost anything on TV, save My Name is Earl, which has to be the funniest show since Seinfeld.

But that's just like, my opinion man...

Dude

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby dream_017 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:56 am

mutantseabass wrote:Did anyone else think that yesterdays show was a disappointment? It was basically a rehash of the one they showed at 800 but in more detail. What really makes the show for me is the music, a perfect complation of music each week.

I was going to say the same thing, but then had the some of the same thoughts as Dude. It was good to see from a different POV although I would have rather had it as a 2 hour show. The music rocks the other thing is at each commercial and at the end of the show...you just want more ;-D There is always something make makes you say, how are they going to come back from that.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Next

Return to General Talk