Lost - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Lost

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:04 pm

In the first episode when Walt appeared in the Jungle what the hell did he say, i have listened to it 100 times now and cannot figure it out. Also was him appearing like that a hallucination or do you think he is dead?

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:06 pm

I wonderd the same thing Mutant, I dunno it wil be explained later hopefully. But how did Gin(sp?) get to land?
All I know is that this season is guna rock! ;-D :-)
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:31 pm

mutantseabass wrote:In the first episode when Walt appeared in the Jungle what the hell did he say, i have listened to it 100 times now and cannot figure it out. Also was him appearing like that a hallucination or do you think he is dead?

http://media.putfile.com/walt24

that is what he said played forwards (or backwards whichever way you want to look at it.) ties in with locke telling jack not to push the button at the end of ep 1. that button definetly does something very interesting id bet. guess we will have to wait and see.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby bagobonez » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:25 pm

Lost, Prison Break, 24, Rescue Me...

TV is great.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Red Stripe » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:44 pm

mutantseabass wrote:In the first episode when Walt appeared in the Jungle what the hell did he say, i have listened to it 100 times now and cannot figure it out. Also was him appearing like that a hallucination or do you think he is dead?

I'm pretty sure that when played backwards it says clearly

Where is the button? Don't press the button.
Red Stripe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Constructing a titanium shoulder for Chad Pennington

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:35 am

logan wrote:

that is what he said played forwards (or backwards whichever way you want to look at it.) ties in with locke telling jack not to push the button at the end of ep 1. that button definetly does something very interesting id bet. guess we will have to wait and see.

I got out of that "Dont press the button, The button is bad".
I could be wrong though, anyone get something different out of what Walt said?

I would still like to know what Walt was doing there.

Im with logan,As far as the people chasing Gin, i think they are the people from the other section of the plane but Gin cannot speak english not being able to explain who he is, they think he is danger.

Nice linkage to the Walt audio Logan

;-D

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:22 am

mutantseabass wrote:
logan wrote:

I got out of that "Dont press the button, The button is bad".
I could be wrong though, anyone get something different out of what Walt said?

I would still like to know what Walt was doing there.

Im with logan,As far as the people chasing Gin, i think they are the people from the other section of the plane but Gin cannot speak english not being able to explain who he is, they think he is danger.

Nice linkage to the Walt audio Logan

;-D

Thats what I got out of it too.

I guess there was an interview w/ the creators of the show, and they said if you look at the mural that is in the hallway of the cave in the hatch, that you can find a lot more answers
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:48 am

A few other things that puzzled me are....

Why is Quarantine labled on the inside of the hatch?

What was Jin yelling in Korean in the week 3 teaser at the beach when the people are chasing him.

Think there is anyway that the guy that was in the mental institution with Hurley that muttered the numbers was once locked down there?

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:09 am

Here is a shot of the mural on the wall, can anyone make anything of it. Thanks for the heads up to Flux ;-D

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby logan » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:10 am

Why is Quarantine labled on the inside of the hatch?

im thinking it could be a way of keeping whomever it is downthrere downthere. sort of a fear tactic. desmond asked if locke was infected and seemed surprised the world was still there even though it had only been 4 years (if the flashbacks of jack and desmond are to be trusted as the real timeline of events). so obviously whoever put him downthere fed him a bunch of lies to scare him from leaving the bunker. the real question is why?

hink there is anyway that the guy that was in the mental institution with Hurley that muttered the numbers was once locked down there?

i think it is very possible. he definetly has something to do with the whole thing in some way. i think if you were trapped in a whole with no contact whatsoever with the outside world (not even seeing the sky fresh air water etc) for who knows how long with the fear of the world being pretty much over (if my previous theory is correct) anyone would lose their mind. look at desomnd . hes only been there for about 4 years and he seems to already be fraying at the seems. couple more years and he will be just as bad as the guy in the mental ward. the numbers seem to be the central clue to all that is happening to the characters and in that bunker. it may have just started out as a code but after say 10 years of thinking about nothing else it becomes alot bigger than it ever would have been.

as far as jin i have no clue on that one. i missed part of the previews because i was drafting a hockey team :-D

also i think the reason walt was speaking backwards was because it was a mirror image of him he was somehow projecting astrally. i dont think the others would have bothered taking him just to kill him. if they wanted to do that they could have just shot him there and then.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk